Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RSS of prstat vs RSS of PS
Operating Systems Solaris RSS of prstat vs RSS of PS Post 302915427 by amitlib on Wednesday 3rd of September 2014 04:12:16 AM
Old 09-03-2014
RSS of prstat vs RSS of PS

Hi,

When I sum the RSS number in the ps command for a specific user and compare it with the RSS values of the prstat command of the same user - there is a big difference.

Server details: Solaris 10 5/09 s10s_u7wos_08 SPARC

prstat output:
Code:
NPROC USERNAME  SWAP   RSS MEMORY      TIME         CPU                             
259    gpsvip01    14G     10G  87%           136:57:30 6.0%

PS:

When I sum the value of RSS of all the processes for user=gpsvip01, it sums with 20GB.

Note- when I compare the RSS values of PS vs lparstat on a different server (Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10s_u10wos_17b SPARC) the values are almost the same.

Question: This zone has 12GB of memory. Is it possible that gpsvip01 user is using memory from other zones, and how can I prove/disprove this assumption?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks

Last edited by vbe; 09-03-2014 at 05:24 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Rss

Could RSS-support mod be installed for this forum? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rss reading

I am trying to make a script that downloads/reads an rss feed every couple of days and then parses through looking at the results. I am unsure of how to get the information from the feed. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
0 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

RSS Feeds of Threads

Hi Guys, With the RSS feeds of new threads added to the forums, would it be possible to include the text of the post in the RSS body? This means that i wouldn't have to keep clicking "view site" to see what the thread's about from my rss aggregator. I've included 2 x screenshots below that... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigp84
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSS feeds to Email

Hi all ;-) I would like to know if somebody knows a way to make a script for check a .xml RSS page every 1-5 min and send the last news to an email address. I would like to put in on my shell with FreeBSD 6.2 Thanks you in advance 4 help! ;-) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mukka
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

prtstat RSS value

Hi, I new to solaris and I was assigned to make a script to check the memory usage of a particular server by checking the usage of some 400+ processes. Everything is fine except the RSS value of the prtstat command because some of the value are in megabytes and some are in kilobytes. I need them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dyowelb
1 Replies

6. Solaris

RSS pmap and prstat

Hi, I have some question about memory in Solaris. How it's possible that prstat -a show me that some process using 230M RSS and when I'm using pmap -x show me that this same process using only 90M RSS ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deivo
0 Replies

7. Solaris

prstat RSS memory

Hi everyone, was hoping someone might be able to help me understand what I am seeing on one of our solaris systems. prstat -s size -a is showing user oradba as being top virtual memory consumption. 639 oradba 3012G 2951G 100% 59:44:01 25% why is it saying 3012G size and 2951G RSS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: k4boy
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Prstat rss and swap

Hi, someone please explain me what's the difference b/w rss and swap in PRSTAT. i'm getting output like below, NPROC USERNAME SWAP RSS MEMORY TIME CPU 70 weblogic 48G 46G 73% 449:17:03 0.4% swap always remains... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnys7143
11 Replies
RDF::Redland::RSS(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    RDF::Redland::RSS(3pm)

NAME
RDF::Redland::RSS - Redland RSS 1.0 Class SYNOPSIS
use RDF::Redland::RSS; ... my $rss=RDF::Redland::RSS->new_from_model($model); my $rss2=new RDF::Redland::RSS("http://example.com/test.rdf"); ... for my $channel ($rss->channels) { ... print "channel title is ",$channel->title->as_string," "; # UTF-8 } my(@items)=$channel->items; # Print channel items (URI, title) for my $item (@items) { print "item ",$item->uri->as_string, " ", $item->title->as_string, " "; } ... print $rss->as_xhtml(width => 320, align => 'right'); DESCRIPTION
A class for processing RSS 1.0 as RDF, traversing the resulting graph using RSS propertiiies and formatting the output as XHTML. CONSTRUCTORS
new SOURCE_URI_STRING [BASE_URI_STRING] Process RSS 1.0 at source URI SOURCE_URI_STRING. If the BASE_URI_STRING string is given then use that as the base URI rather than the source URI. new MODEL Process RSS 1.0 from content stored in RDF::Redland::Model MODEL. METHODS
channels Return the RSS channels (<channel> tags) as a list of RDF::Redland::RSS::Node objects. items Return the RSS items (<item> tags) as a list of RDF::Redland::RSS::Node objects. image Return the RSS 1.0 image (<image> tag) as an RDF::Redland::RSS::Node object. textinput Return the RSS 1.0 textinput (<textinput> tag) as an RDF::Redland::RSS::Node object. as_xhtml (key1 => value1, key2 => value2, ...) Return a formatted XHTML string (or full XHTML document) representing the RSS 1.0 content with various options set as listed in the section below. The parameters to this method are mostly from the specification of the viewRssBox macro at http://macros.userland.com/viewRssBox AS_XHTML OPTIONS boxTitle A string, is the text displayed in the title of the box. It defaults to the title element of the channel. align A string, has three possible values, left, right or the empty string. The HTML table is either left-aligned, right-aligned or not aligned. It defaults to the empty string. width A number, is the width of the box, in pixels. It defaults to 125. Note that the title bar determines the minimum width of the box, if you're having trouble getting it to be narrower, try shortening boxTitle. frameColor A string, is the hex browser color for the frame of the box. Defaults to "#000000". titleBarTextColor A string, is the hex browser color for the text in the title bar of the box. Defalults to "#000000". titleBarColor A string, is the hex browser color for the title bar of the box. Defaults to "#ADD8E6". boxFillColor A string, is the hex browser color for the main part of the box. Defaults to "#FFFFFF". time A string, is text that's displayed as the time to the right of the box title. Defaults to "". hspace A number, is the number of pixels to the left and right of the box. Defaults to 0. vspace A number, is the number of pixels above and below the box. Defaults to 0. full If set to any value, returns a full XHTML document. Defaults to returning an HTML fragment. imageAlign A string, has two possible values, left or right. The channel image is either left-aligned or right-aligned. It defaults to right aligned. NAME
RDF::Redland::RSS::Node - Redland RSS 1.0 Node Class DESCRIPTION
Class representing concepts in an RSS 1.0 RDF graph. CONSTRUCTORS
No public constructors. Nodes are created either by methods of this class or RDF::Redland::RSS. METHODS
title Get the RSS titles for channel, image, item or textinput. Returns either a list or first one found depending on calling context. link Get the RSS link for channel, image, item or textinput. Returns either a list or first one found depending on calling context. description Get the Dublin Core description element or RSS description for channel, item or textinput. Returns either a list or first one found depending on calling context. image_url Get the RSS image URL string for an image. Returns either a list or first one found depending on calling context. name Get the RSS name for a textinput. Returns either a list or first one found depending on calling context. items Get the RSS items in a channel as a list of RDF::Redland::RSS::Node objects. image Get the image of a channel as an RDF::Redland::RSS::Node object or undef if not present. textinput Get the textinput of a channel as an RDF::Redland::RSS::Node object or undef if not present. property PROPERTY Get the value of the named property off an RDF::Redland::RSS::Node where PROPERTY is an RDF::Redland::Node or RDF::Redland::RSS::Node. Returns a list of RDF::Redland::RSS::Node objects or first one found depending on calling context. properties Get all properties off the RDF::Redland::RSS::Node. Returns a list of RDF::Redland::RSS::Node objects. properties_with_ns_prefix NS_PREFIX Get all unique properties of the RDF::Redland::RSS::Node which have namespace URI prefix NS_PREFIX. Returns a list of the properties as RDF::Redland::RSS::Node objects. SEE ALSO
RDF::Redland::Model and RSS 1.0 web pages at http://purl.org/rss/1.0/ AUTHOR
Dave Beckett - http://www.dajobe.org/ perl v5.14.2 2011-02-04 RDF::Redland::RSS(3pm)