Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VirtualBox
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing VirtualBox Post 302915406 by Ankur Goyal on Tuesday 2nd of September 2014 08:13:06 PM
Old 09-02-2014
Thanks a lot.....Issue resolved

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

OpenSolaris on VirtualBox

I've just installed VirtualBox on my PC and installed OpenSolaris as a virtual machine within it. The PC connects to the internet via a router and uses DHCP to get its IP address. How do I configure the OpenSolaris virtual machine to use the same DHCP server so I can connect it to the net. At the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
4 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

NetBSD on VirtualBox

Hello, guys! I use Ubuntu 9.04 as desktop operating system and I want to make some tests on NetBSD. I tried to install as a virtual sistem on VirtualBox but it doesn't want to install. You can see the error in the attached file. Do you guys have any clue about what the problem could be? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
3 Replies

3. SCO

SCO 6 + Virtualbox 2 == no NIC

Has anyone installed SCO 6 in Virtualbox? I was quite successful with 5.0.6 but then when I tried SCO 6, it will not report any nic (I am using resmgr to see who is there). The available cards under virtualbox are pcnet-pci II and II, and a few intel/pro 1000s. I have installed the maintenance pack... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dalek
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Clone on virtualBox

Hello; Please,I did the clone on virtualBox, but the machines have the same IP address: eth2 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 8:00:27: f0: 92:19 inet addr: 192.168.1.4 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0 how to change the address please? Thank you so much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
6 Replies
rmmount(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       rmmount(1M)

NAME
rmmount - removable media mounter for CD-ROM, floppy, Jaz drive, and others SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rmmount [-D] DESCRIPTION
The rmmount utility is a removable media mounter that is executed by volume management whenever a removable medium, such as a CD-ROM or a floppy, is inserted. Removable media is managed by an application or a volume manager. rmmount can also be called by using volrmmount(1). Upon insertion of a medium and following invocation of the volcheck(1) command, rmmount determines what type of file system (if any) is on that medium. If a file system is present, rmmount mounts the file system in one of the locations listed below. For a diskette (floppy): /floppy/floppy0 symbolic link to mounted floppy in local floppy drive /floppy/floppy_name mounted named floppy /floppy/unnamed_floppy mounted unnamed floppy For a CD-ROM or a DVD-ROM: /cdrom/cdrom0 symbolic link to mounted CD-ROM in local CD-ROM drive /cdrom/CD-ROM_name mounted named CD-ROM /cdrom/CD-ROM_name/partition mounted named CD-ROM with partitioned file system /cdrom/unnamed_cdrom mounted unnamed CD-ROM For a Zip drive: /rmdisk/zip0 symbolic link to mounted Zip medium in local Zip drive /rmdisk/Zip_name mounted named Zip medium /rmdisk/Zip_name/partition mounted named Zip medium with partitioned file system /rmdisk/unnamed_zip mounted unnamed Zip medium For a Jaz drive: /rmdisk/jaz0 symbolic link to mounted Jaz medium in local Jaz drive /rmdisk/Jaz_name mounted named Jaz medium /rmdisk/Jaz_name/partition mounted named Jaz medium with partitioned file system /rmdisk/unnamed_Jaz mounted unnamed Jaz medium For a generic "rmdisk" drive: /rmdisk/rmdisk0 symbolic link to mounted removable medium in local removable medium drive /rmdisk/rmdisk_name mounted named removable medium /rmdisk/rmdisk_name/partition mounted named removable medium with partitioned file system /rmdisk/unnamed_rmdisk mounted unnamed removable medium If the media is read-only (for example, a CD-ROM or a floppy with write-protect tab set), the file system is mounted read-only. If a file system is not identified, rmmount does not mount a file system. See the for more information on the location of CD-ROM, floppy, and other media without file systems. If a file system type has been determined, it is then checked to see that it is "clean." If the file system is "dirty," fsck -p (see fsck(1M)) is run in an attempt to clean it. If fsck fails, the file system is mounted read-only. After the mount is complete, "actions" associated with the media type are executed. These actions allow for the notification to other pro- grams that new media are available. Actions are executed in the order in which they appear in the configuration file. The action function can return either 1 or 0. If it returns 0, no further actions will be executed. This allows the function to control which applications are executed. In order to execute an action, rmmount performs a dlopen(3C) on the shared object and calls the action function defined within it. The def- inition of the interface to actions can be found in /usr/include/rmmount.h. File systems mounted by rmmount are always mounted with the nosuid flag set, thereby disabling setuid programs and access to block or char- acter devices in that file system. Upon ejection, rmmount unmounts mounted file systems and executes actions associated with the media type. If a file system is "busy" (that is, it contains the current working directory of a live process), the ejection will fail. OPTIONS
-D Turn on the debugging output from the rmmount dprintf calls. FILES
/usr/lib/rmmount/*.so.1 shared objects used by rmmount. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
volcheck(1), volrmmount(1), fsck(1M), dlopen(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 Mar 2007 rmmount(1M)