Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh with Oracle commands
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ksh with Oracle commands Post 302915371 by lawsongeek on Tuesday 2nd of September 2014 03:05:05 PM
Old 09-02-2014
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
. cv LDEV
if [ -s /tmp/tj.txt ]
then
        echo "Deleting Coreaccess from LAUA..."
        $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password@servername << -!
        delete from usergrpdtl where username='mann';
        commit;
        !
fi

test3.sh[5]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 8 : `<' is not matched.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh GUI commands

I have a few scripts that i would like to make into GUI's. Are there scripting commands to make GUI's if so where can i get the list of commands and what they do or if anyone has an example of it. Anything will help, thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daltonkf
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh substring commands

I am trying to get various portions of strings in my script, but am getting a substitution error. I followed the syntax that was described when I goggled this, but I can't get anything to work. #! /bin/ksh/ hello="adklafk;afak" #hello=${hello:3} hello=${$hello:3} happy="hey" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anderssl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh commands in ksh question

Is there a way to shorten these commands? because this script asks for a password 3 times scp -p /usr/local/bin/${script_name} ${servername$iy]}://usr/local/bin/ ssh ${servernames} /usr/local/bin/${script_name} ssh ${servernames} rm -f /usr/local/bin/${script_name} Basically, I'm creating a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Better KSH commands

Are there any documents available for checking the execution time taken by ksh commands? My requirement is to fine tune a set of shell scripts having lot of "echos" and "date"s. Is there a better replacement for the below code?. echo "ABC process started on `date`" some code.. echo... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH variable containing piped commands

Hi, I am trying to execute a bunch of piped command which are stored in a variable, but only one command executed at a time, and rest of the pipes, commands and their arguments are considered as argument to the very first command. Can you please help me in this? bash-2.05$ cat test.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant.ladha
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stringing Multiple commands together in KSH

I am trying to to this findCDZfile=`ls -at `find /opt/apps/busobj/bobj/bobje/data/ -name CDZ*.tmp`` and it doesn't seem to like me - is there a special escape character I need to use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpare
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling commands with ksh

Hi, I am not able to run below command on linux, it however works on solaris. If anyone knows the reason and a solution for it can you please let me know ? Linux ----- $> ksh 'echo hi' ksh: echo hi: No such file or directory $> which ksh /usr/bin/ksh Solaris ------ $> ksh 'echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnaux
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED sub commands in KSH not working for me

I am using SED to edit a file (called file) the file contains the word "ERROR" and I want to use SED to: 1. Search for text "ERROR" If found, 2. Append new line with text "hoi" I tried: sed 's/ERROR/ a\hoi' file sed 's/ERROR/ a\ hoi' file I get all the time the error sed:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex400
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential execution of commands in ksh

I need to run few commands in a ksh script sequentially. Some of the commands are jobs submitted to the server and the consecutive commands are dependent on the completion of the jobs submitted to the server. It works if i separate the commands into different files like this #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashob123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: run commands from pipe

I create commands within a pipe and finally want them to be executed instead of being displayed on the screen. What is the last stage in this pipe? I found by guessing that "ksh" is working, but is this the best to use here? It boils down to this: echo "print Hello World!"| kshWhat is the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cochise
15 Replies
libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3) 				  libssh2 manual				   libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_userauth_password_ex - authenticate a session with username and password SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> int libssh2_userauth_password_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *username, unsigned int username_len, const char *password, unsigned int password_len, LIBSSH2_PASSWD_CHANGEREQ_FUNC((*passwd_change_cb))); #define libssh2_userauth_password(session, username, password) libssh2_userauth_password_ex((session), (username), strlen(username), (password), strlen(password), NULL) DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) username - Name of user to attempt plain password authentication for. username_len - Length of username parameter. password - Password to use for authenticating username. password_len - Length of password parameter. passwd_change_cb - If the host accepts authentication but requests that the password be changed, this callback will be issued. If no call- back is defined, but server required password change, authentication will fail. Attempt basic password authentication. Note that many SSH servers which appear to support ordinary password authentication actually have it disabled and use Keyboard Interactive authentication (routed via PAM or another authentication backed) instead. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
Some of the errors this function may return include: LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_PASSWORD_EXPIRED - IBSSH2_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED - failed, invalid username/password or public/private key. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)