Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VirtualBox
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing VirtualBox Post 302915354 by Ankur Goyal on Tuesday 2nd of September 2014 01:24:59 PM
Old 09-02-2014
VirtualBox

I want to change my virtual box disk to immutable. When I try to do that I get the following error.

Error changing medium type from Normal to Immutable.
Cannot change the type of medium '/root/VirtualBox VMs/fedora13/fedora13.vmdk' because it is attached to 1 virtual machines
Please help me how to resolve this. My host system is RHEL 5.6

Last edited by fpmurphy; 09-02-2014 at 10:54 PM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

OpenSolaris on VirtualBox

I've just installed VirtualBox on my PC and installed OpenSolaris as a virtual machine within it. The PC connects to the internet via a router and uses DHCP to get its IP address. How do I configure the OpenSolaris virtual machine to use the same DHCP server so I can connect it to the net. At the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
4 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

NetBSD on VirtualBox

Hello, guys! I use Ubuntu 9.04 as desktop operating system and I want to make some tests on NetBSD. I tried to install as a virtual sistem on VirtualBox but it doesn't want to install. You can see the error in the attached file. Do you guys have any clue about what the problem could be? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
3 Replies

3. SCO

SCO 6 + Virtualbox 2 == no NIC

Has anyone installed SCO 6 in Virtualbox? I was quite successful with 5.0.6 but then when I tried SCO 6, it will not report any nic (I am using resmgr to see who is there). The available cards under virtualbox are pcnet-pci II and II, and a few intel/pro 1000s. I have installed the maintenance pack... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dalek
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Clone on virtualBox

Hello; Please,I did the clone on virtualBox, but the machines have the same IP address: eth2 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 8:00:27: f0: 92:19 inet addr: 192.168.1.4 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0 how to change the address please? Thank you so much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
6 Replies
Tk_GetVRootGeometry(3)					       Tk Library Procedures					    Tk_GetVRootGeometry(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetVRootGeometry - Get location and size of virtual root for window SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_GetVRootGeometry(tkwin, xPtr, yPtr, widthPtr, heightPtr) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window whose virtual root is to be queried. int xPtr (out) Points to word in which to store x-offset of virtual root. int yPtr (out) Points to word in which to store y-offset of virtual root. int widthPtr (out) Points to word in which to store width of virtual root. int heightPtr (out) Points to word in which to store height of virtual root. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetVRootGeometry returns geometry information about the virtual root window associated with tkwin. The "associated" virtual root is the one in which tkwin's nearest top-level ancestor (or tkwin itself if it is a top-level window) has been reparented by the window manager. This window is identified by a __SWM_ROOT or __WM_ROOT property placed on the top-level window by the window manager. If tkwin is not associated with a virtual root (e.g. because the window manager does not use virtual roots) then *xPtr and *yPtr will be set to 0 and *widthPtr and *heightPtr will be set to the dimensions of the screen containing tkwin. KEYWORDS
geometry, height, location, virtual root, width, window manager Tk 4.0 Tk_GetVRootGeometry(3)