Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing .dat.gz to .txt.gz in filename Post 302915297 by snr_silencer on Tuesday 2nd of September 2014 06:29:21 AM
Old 09-02-2014
thanks for all answers. Especially to Don Cragun for tr command...

But I still wonder how to do it one by one. I mean not using a for/while loop.

Code:
mv -v "$fn" "${fn%.dat.gz}.txt.gz"

For example; how can I put full path into the code above?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing string with filename

Hi All, I've recently run a script that inserts the filename into all files of my active directory. Now I want to move the filename string and have it replace text a few lines down. In other words, here's what I'm trying to do. Here is a file called 'goodtimes': " goodtimes Hi, Welcome... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calrog
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename multiple filename.45267.txt to >> filename.txt

i have several thousand files and in subdirs that are named file.46634.txt budget.75346.pdf etc i want to remove the number but retain the extension. it is always a 5 digit. thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED and replacing Txt Bullet

Hi Guys, I'm sure that there is simple solution .. I googled .. it and nothing is coming up ... ( I Tried it as hex 0xE2 no luck ) sed -e 's/•/X/g' data.txt > data1.txt I'm trying to replace bullet with X Actually VI editor shows this sign: ¥ But it doesn't work - I'm sure that SED... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

write filename as first line in a txt file

Could anyone very kindly help me a simple way to perform the - perhaps - very trivial task of writing the name of a file as first line of that file which is in txt format? And would be possible to do this recursively for some thousands files in the XY directory? And, again, add to the simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing first line of file by >filename

Hi All, I have a set of files named S5_SK1.chr01 S5_SK1.chr02 S5_SK1.chr03 ..... and the first line of these files is >SK1.chr01 >SK1.chr02 >SK1.chr03 ..... Can anyone suggest how I can change the first line of all these files with the filename itself? So my expected output for the first lines of... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing white spaces in filename

Hi; In following code find LOG_DIR -type f | while read filename; do echo $filename; done I want to precede each white space encountered in filename with \ so that when i use $filename for running some commands in do...done,it wont give me an error. will appreciate ur help in this.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unzip Filename.txt.Z

Hii I am having a file in Unix which is filename.txt.Z How can i take of the Z to read the file Please help Regards Laxmi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi1166
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a new column to txt file containing filename

I would like help adding a new column to a large txt file (~10MB) that contains the filename. I have searched other posts but have not found an adequate solution. I need this extra column so I can concatenate >100 files and perform awk searches on this large file. My current txt file look... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kellywilliams
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing part of filename

Hi guys! I have quite a lot of files like all_10001_ct1212307460308.alf* and I want to get rid of the first number for all at once like: all_ct1212307460308.alf* How can I do this in the shell? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimmyTiz
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the filename and write to .txt

I'm new to this forum and also to UNIX scripting. I need a command to extract the filename from the path and write to .txt file. Thanks in advance for your guidance. (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
23 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)