Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Keep connection alive between PC and board Post 302915296 by gull04 on Tuesday 2nd of September 2014 06:26:14 AM
Old 09-02-2014
Hi,

There are two things that you can try;

The first is to check if there is a "tcp keep alive" available on the connection - this will be a session setting.

The next thing is to check if the OS on the armv7 (Which you don't mention) supports something like "nohup".

Regards

Dave

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to ping a host, is it alive or not ...

hello to everyone, i was wondering if you could help me with a script im working on, it's kind of simple but i dont have a lot experience on unix comands: well, here it is: you might apreciate the infinite while loop :D, it is supossed to be running on the server all day scaning it every 5... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check whether a process is alive or not

Hi Everybody I have small requirement that needs to be implemented in shell script. Currently i have shell script which invokes a java process say "Process A" which runs in background. If some one tries to invoke again the same shell script , then there should be some mechanism inside the... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: appleforme1415
23 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Socket still alive!!

Hi, I'm investigate about a problem regarding a connection between two server (S1 and S2). A client software on S1 made a pool of connections on S2; for some reason some connections end but sockets still alive on S2 and not on S1. I always knew about sockets as a pair of processes; is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grado
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we keep our script alive while logging out.

Hi I want to keep my script running even when i am logged off from the box. can we run the script in background which can automatically run every hour? Please advise. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the server ip is alive ?

How to write a shell script to find ports are open for the server. Thanks in advance. regards krackjack (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
4 Replies

7. Solaris

keeping a process alive ?

Hello guys, I have one script running that I need to keep it running 24x7 so I'd like to know how can I implement a sort of monitoring process I mean if for some reason this process dies somehow it gets automatically started again. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerioni
8 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Is this forum alive?

Odd thing. I posted in the Solaris forum, new user, just asking for a bit of advice. Nothing too complicated. As of this post there have been 140 views and zero replies. So that got me thinking, is this normal? I had a look around, and I see the same thing on many other threads, and in other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _JonB_
2 Replies

9. Programming

Socket Keep-Alive

Hi I'm adding http 1.1 GET to my project and trying to use “Keep-Alive” HTTP connections to the host, The problem is when I recv() the first page, it succeeds. However, the 2nd consecutive recv() will receive zero bytes, for which I really have no idea. As per HTTP 1.1 I have Connection: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Projecteer
6 Replies
HOOLA(6)							     board_gen								  HOOLA(6)

NAME
make-gnome-freecell-board, make-aisleriot-freecell-board, make-microsoft-freecell-board, make-pysol-freecell-board - Programs to generate boards to be used as input to Freecell Solver. SYNOPSIS
program [-t] board-number or for make-pysol-freecell-board: program [-t] [-F] board-number [game-string] or for make-aisleriot-freecell-board: program [-t] board-number [game-string] DESCRIPTION
These programs are command-line programs that can generate the initial board of the Freecell games of several popular Solitaire implementations. Those boards can be in turn be inputted to fc-solve by means of a pipeline, or placed inside a file for safe-keeping. make-pysol-freecell-board and make-aisleriot-freecell-board also accept an optional third argument which indicates the game type. This type defaults to Freecell, but is useful for generating the boards of other games. Note that using this flag does not preclude one from using the "--game" flag of fc-solve. make_pysol_freecell_board.py accepts another parameter called -F or --pysolfc that deals the PySolFC boards instead of the classic PySol ones. A common paradigm for using those programs is something like: bash:~$ make-microsoft-freecell-board 11982 | fc-solve -l gi If the "-t" option is specified, then the 10 cards are printed with "T"'s, instead of "10"'s. While this does not have any effect on fc- solve it may prove useful for other solvers or solitaire implementations which do not accept "10"'s. Here is a short description of each program: make-gnome-freecell-board Generate the boards of the standalone Freecell program that comes with the GNOME desktop. make-aisleriot-freecell-board Generate the Freecell boards of GNOME's AisleRiot. make-pysol-freecell-board A Python script that generates the boards of the various games of PySol. make-microsoft-freecell-board A program that generates the boards of Microsoft Freecell and of the Freecell Pro implementation of Freecell. OPTIONS
board-number is the board number as a decimal number. game-string is a string describing the game. Valid strings and their respective games are: bakers_game - Baker's Game (*) bakers_dozen - Baker's Dozen (Broken) (*) beleaguered_castle - Beleaguered Castle (*) citadel - Citadel cruel - Cruel der_katz - Der Katzenschwantz die_schlange - Die Schlange eight_off - Eight Off (*) fan - Fan forecell - Forecell freecell - Freecell (the default) good_measure - Good Measure ko_bakers_game - Kings' Only Baker's Game relaxed_freecell - Relaxed Freecell relaxed_seahaven - Relaxed Seahaven Towers seahaven - Seahaven Towers (*) simple_simon - Simple Simon (*) streets_and_alleys - Streets and Alleys make-aisleriot-freecell-board supports only the games marked with an asterisk (*). SEE ALSO
fc-solve (6) /usr/share/doc/freecell-solver-bin/README.board_gen AUTHOR
Shlomi Fish, <http://www.shlomifish.org/> . board_gen 3.12.0 2012-06-22 HOOLA(6)