Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wait/if Generated kind of operation Post 302915276 by protocomm on Tuesday 2nd of September 2014 04:44:36 AM
Old 09-02-2014
hi,

you can use this for wait while the file exist,
Code:
while ! [ -e pathOfYourFile ];do sleep 1;done

This User Gave Thanks to protocomm For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what kind of UNIX

ok, so i want to figure out what type of UNIX i have and in this book im reading about it, it says that i can figure out what type i have by typing the command uname in the prompt. So i did this and it came up saying Darwin?? is that part of System V UNIX or BSD or do i have LINUX? if anyone can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiei
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kind of weird question

I recently purchased a book titled Hacking: The Art of Exploitation. When I got it home I read the preface and found out that i shouldnt have bought it. It says the code examples in this book were done on an x86 based computer (I have a mac). Is there anything I can do to make my mac run similar to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyberaxe
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute 2 scripts, wait, execute 2 more wait, till end of file

:cool: I need to execute a shell script to do the following: cat a file run two back ground processes using the first two values from the file wait till those background processes finish run two more background processes using the next two values from the file wait till those background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: halo98
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What kind of Linux for the newbies?

I am one of the newbies. I want to load linux on my notebook, however, i am not sure which linux is the most recommend for the newbies. Could you please advise? Thanks you very much for any advise you may give me. Best Regards, SANLEN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

wait command - cat it wait for not-chile process?

Did not use 'wait' yet. How I understand by now the wait works only for child processes, started background. Is there any other way to watch completion of any, not related process (at least, a process, owned by the same user?) I need to start a background process, witch will be waiting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

sed help,,kind of urgent!!

Hello All, My problem is: I want to replace a line from a file with sed. The first word in that line is always the same in every server. The second line is server model, which of course will vary from platform to platform and I need to leave that word as it is. After the second word, I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

7. Programming

A different kind of counting in SQL

I am looking to do a count on a database table where some of the elements count double. Say the data is as follows: id value 1 X 2 Y 3 X 4 X 5 Y A regular count (SELECT value, COUNT(*) FROM data GROUP BY value) would yield: X 3 Y 2 However, Y happens to count double so the answer should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

What kind of hacking is going on here??

Connecting to the Internet with OpenVPN, the connection fails. Rerunning openvpn works second time round but the install is hacked at that point (e.g., a rogue 'java-security' update tries to install itself on 'yum update', yum however spots this and rejects the download, other basic things start... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script in background and wait using "wait" in while loop

Hi, I am facing a strange issue, when i call a script from my while loop in background it doesnt go in background, despite the wait i put below the whil loop it goes forward even before the process put in background is completed. cat abc.txt | while read -u4 line do #if line contains #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)