Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy Directories with Files from One Server to Other using sftp Post 302915274 by arunkesi on Tuesday 2nd of September 2014 04:36:29 AM
Old 09-02-2014
Copy Directories with Files from One Server to Other using sftp

Hi,
I have a requirement where I have to connect to another server and copy directories from one server to another

Directories on the Source server look like below (YYYY-MM-DD- 1 to 23)

drwxr-xr-x 2 test_user dmfmart 422 Sep 1 23:45 2014-09-01-18drwxr-xr-x 2 test_user dmfmart 422 Sep 1 23:46 2014-09-01-19drwxr-xr-x 2 test_user dmfmart 422 Sep 1 23:47 2014-09-01-20
I have to connect to the destination server and create a directory in YYYY-MM-DD format and copy all directories from source server (YYYY-MM-DD- 1 to 23) to the destinaton server into the YYYY-MM-DD folder which was just created.

I have tried a few options but not able to get the desired results. COuld you please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Copy Directories in to UNIX server

I have software on Z drive " I map it " , its about 50 MB , I want to copy the whole directory in to unix server , under some folder ... What are the steps how Ican perform this ? I have UNIX user name and password and rights to create files and folders.. Remember I want to copy all the folder... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khan1978
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do copy certain files and directories from one hard drive to another?

I have two drives (scsi) mounted on one server and I need to copy certain files and directories from one drive to the other. Any suggestions :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy multiple files in different directories

I have a report file that is generated every day by a scheduled process. Each day the file is written to a directory named .../blah_blah/Y07/MM-DD-YY/reportmmddyy.tab I want to copy all of this reports to a separate directory without having to do it one by one. However, if I try cp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken2834
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy unique files between two directories in Solaris

Hi, My requirement is to have a shell script: SOURCE_DIR=/usr/logs/restore/ --> Contains multiple subdirectories TARGET_DIR=/usr/data/logs --> Existing folders which contain similar subdirectories I want to copy only newer or uniquie files which are present in $SOURCE_DIR and its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujoy101
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Directories excluding files

Hi guys, I want to copy folder and sub folders only. I don't want the files. If i use cp -r command it will copy entirely with files. Could any one suggest me. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik82
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two directories and copy differing files

Hello there, I'm a total noob to shell scripting. :) What I want to do is compare the contents of Folder A and Folder B, and copy any files in Folder A that do not exist in Folder B over to Folder B. I have gotten so far as: diff -rq folderA folderB which returns the names of the files,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raaaaaa
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files between directories using SFTP

I want to connect to an SFTP server, GET some files, then move those files to a different directory on the SFTP server so I don't try to GET them next time. But there doesn't seem to be a way to move files between directories on the remote server from SFTP. I missing something obvious? And if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhancock
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name but different in the end i have files in directory called test: 10_10_asdadfsdfad.txt 10_10_11_asdawqefwkjasd.txt 10_10_11_12_asdafjjhoqwd.txt i want to put them in exist directory thart i have on my system i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t17
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

create more than 100 directories and copy files into them

Hi, I have several files containing experiment measurements per hour (hour_1.txt has measurements for first hour, etc..etc..). I have 720 of these files (i.e. up to hour_720.txt) and i want to create 720 directories and in every one of them i want to copy its associative file (e.g.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files in respective directories

Hi Guys, I need to copy the files to respective directories based on name of the file. My script is something like below con=$1 for file in `cat $con` do file_tmp=$(ls -t1 $path| grep -i $file | head -n 1) echo $file_tmp if then cp $path$file_tmp $DIR/ap if then... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
16 Replies
BLOCKDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      BLOCKDIAG(1)

NAME
blockdiag - generate block-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
blockdiag [options] file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the blockdiag commands. blockdiag is a program that generate block-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the SEE ALSO. --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help Show summary of options -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE -o FILE write diagram to FILE -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram --fontmap=FONT use FONTMAP file to draw diagram -s, --separate Separate diagram images for each group -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format --nodoctype Do not output doctype definition tags (SVG only) --no-transparency do not make transparent background of diagram (PNG only) SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://tk0miya.bitbucket.org/blockdiag/build/html/index.html AUTHOR
blockdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 9, 2011 BLOCKDIAG(1)