Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CSV file data extraction
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CSV file data extraction Post 302915264 by protocomm on Tuesday 2nd of September 2014 03:59:25 AM
Old 09-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SriniShoo
Code:
awk '{id=$1; email=$NF; $1=$NF=""; $0 = $0; $1 = $1; name=$0; print "$id=" id; print "$name=" name; print "$email=" email}' file

Hi,

I don't understand the purpose of,
Code:
$0 = $0

and
Code:
$1 = $1

, if i remove it, it works yet ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extraction of data from a text file which follows certain pattern

hi everybody, i have a file, in it I need to extract some data that follows a particular pattern.. For example: my file contains like now running Speak225 sep 22 mon 16:34:05 2008 -------------------------------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohkris
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction From a File

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have to search the file with some text say "Exception". This exception word can be repeated for more then 10 times. Suppose the "Exception" word is repeated at line numbers say x=10, 50, 60, 120. Now I want to extract all the lines starting from x-5 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrangaraju
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

data extraction from xml file

I have an of xml file as shown below <?xml version='1.0' encoding='ASCII' standalone='yes' ?> <Station Index="10264" > <Number Value="237895890" /> <Position Lat="-29.5" Lon="3.5" /> <MaxDepth Value="-4939" /> <VeloLines Count="24"> <VeloLine Index="0" > <Depth... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

data extraction from a file

Hi Freinds, I have a file1.txt in the following format File1.txt I want to get 2 files from the above file filextra.txt should have the lines which are ending with "<" and remaining lines in the filecompare.txt file. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders My files are located in UNIX Server, i want to extract file_id and file_name from each file .and save it in a CSV file. How do I do that? I have folders in unix environment, directory structure is... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: princetd001
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data extraction from .txt file

Hey all, i´ve got the following problem: i´m aquiring data with an instrument and i get data in a .txt file. This is how the txt file looks like: Report of AU program poptau F1P=-49.986ppm F2P=-110.014ppm Target directory for serfile: D:/data/Spect500/nmr/Thoma/882 Linear... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: expikx
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Manipulation on a .csv file

Hallo Friends, I need you help. My file has 5000 or so lines and currently looks like below(sample). Service Type,Origin,Destination,Rate Per Minute,Minimum Charge,Time Based Rate,Time Based From Day,Time Based To Day,Time Based From Time,Time Based To Time,Destination Prefix List,, VoIS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data extraction from .xml file

Hello, I'm attempting to extract 13 digit numbers beginning with 978 from a data file with the following command: awk '{ for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) if($i ~ /^978/) print $i; }' datafile > outfile This typically works. However, the new data file is an .xml file, and this command is no longer working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data extraction and converting into .csv file.

Hi All, I have a data file and need to extract and convert it into csv format: 1) Read and extract the line containing string ending with "----" (file sample_linebyline.txt file) and to make a .csv file from this. 2) To read the flat file flatfile_sample.txt which consists of similar data (... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)