Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace a specific column with a specific value Post 302915188 by Litu1988 on Monday 1st of September 2014 09:34:23 AM
Old 09-01-2014
this file may contain other entries as well. does this logic will work ?

also would you pls explain this command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a specific word in specific column?

Hi My orginal file is like (100s of lines) id host ip location remarks 1 host1 ip1 - xxx 2 host2 ip2 - xxx 3 host3 ip3 - xxx -- -- 9 host9 ip9 - xxx I have a ref file like host1 location1 host2 location2 host3 location3 -- --... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables this is where i am at grep -v WARNING output | grep -v spawn | grep -v Passphrase | grep -v Authentication | grep -v '/sbin/tfadmin netguard -C'| grep -v 'NETWORK>' >> output.clean grep -n Destination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: todd.cutting
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace column data with specific word

Input file: Populus_trichocarpa 30 0 50 0 0 US Vitis_vinifera 1 18 2 8 6 US Populus_trichocarpa 1 5 100 0 0 US Arabidopsis_lyrata_subsp._lyrata 0 90 0 0 0 US Glycine_max 0 2 3 0 70 UK Desired output file: Populus_trichocarpa YES NO YES NO NO US Vitis_vinifera YES YES YES YES YES US... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace column that matches specific pattern, with column data from another file

Can anyone please help with this? I have 2 files as given below. If 2nd column of file1 has pattern foo1@a, find the matching 1st column in file2 & replace 2nd column of file1 with file2's value. file1 abc_1 foo1@a .... abc_1 soo2@a ... def_2 soo2@a .... def_2 foo1@a ........ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashali
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Replace value in specific column

Hi all, I have two files with the following format: file1 BBB;33 AAA;2 CCC;5 file2 5;.;.;. 33;.;.;. The first file contain a list of code and numbers. The second file only the number. I would like to replace the corresponding code in the first column of the file1 with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: g256
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace specific column command

Input file: ASD_QAW 12 A_@ AE_AQ 21 PA_123 ASDA_@ 23 ADA_AS . . Output file: ASD_QAW 12 A @ AE_AQ 21 PA 123 ASDA_@ 23 ADA AS . . Do anybody know how to just specific and replace "_" in column 3 with tab delimiter (\t)? Thanks for advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a character in a specific column in a file?

This is a file that I have test line 1 (55) ) test line 2 (45) ) I would like to change all the parens in position 1 of this file to a ); i only want to check position 1 in every line of the file. I have tried different varations of sed, but cannot seem to be able to limit it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JoeG
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Replace Specific Column using RegEx

Have Pipe Delimited File: > BRYAN BAKER|4/4/2015|518 VIRGINIA AVE|TEST > JOE BAXTER|3/30/2015|2233 MockingBird RD|ROW2On 3rd column where the address is located, I want to add a space after every numeric value - basically doing a "s//&\ / ": > BRYAN BAKER|4/4/2015|5 1 8 VIRGINIA AVE|TEST > JOE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svn
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwrite specific column in xml file with the specific column from adjacent line

I have an xml file dumped from rrd file, that I want to "patch" so the xml file doesn't contain any blank hole in the resulting graph of the rrd file. Here is the file. <!-- 2015-10-12 14:00:00 WIB / 1444633200 --> <row><v> 4.0419731265e+07 </v><v> 4.5045912770e+06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific column delimiter

Hi All, I have a file with a pipe delimiter. I need to replace the delimiter with html tags. I managed to get all the delimiters replaced along with first and last but the requirement is that I need to change 7th delimiter with slight change. File1: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
2 Replies
SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)						File Formats Manual						 SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)

NAME
system-auth-ac, password-auth-ac, smartcard-auth-ac, fingerprint-auth-ac, postlogin-ac - Common configuration files for PAMified services written by authconfig(8) SYNOPSIS
/etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this configuration file is to provide common configuration file for all applications and service daemons calling PAM library. The system-auth configuration file is included from all individual service configuration files with the help of the include directive. When authconfig(8) writes the system PAM configuration file it replaces the default system-auth file with a symlink pointing to system-auth-ac and writes the configuration to this file. The symlink is not changed on subsequent configuration changes even if it points elsewhere. This allows system administrators to override the configuration written by authconfig. The authconfig now writes the authentication modules also into additional PAM configuration files /etc/pam.d/password-auth-ac, /etc/pam.d/smartcard-auth-ac, and /etc/pam.d/fingerprint-auth-ac. These configuration files contain only modules which perform authentica- tion with the respective kinds of authentication tokens. For example /etc/pam.d/smartcard-auth[-ac] will not contain pam_unix and pam_ldap modules and /etc/pam.d/password-auth[-ac] will not contain pam_pkcs11 and pam_fprintd modules. The file /etc/pam.d/postlogin-ac contains common services to be invoked after login. An example can be a module that encrypts an user's filesystem or user's keyring and is decrypted by his password. The PAM configuration files of services which are accessed by remote connections such as sshd or ftpd now include the /etc/pam.d/password- auth configuration file instead of /etc/pam.d/system-auth. EXAMPLE
Configure system to use pam_tally2 for configuration of maximum number of failed logins. Also call pam_access to verify if access is allowed. Make system-auth symlink point to system-auth-local which contains: auth requisite pam_access.so auth requisite pam_tally2.so deny=3 lock_time=30 unlock_time=3600 auth include system-auth-ac account required pam_tally2.so account include system-auth-ac password include system-auth-ac session include system-auth-ac BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
authconfig(8), authconfig-gtk(8), pam(8), system-auth(5) Red Hat, Inc. 2010 March 31 SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)