Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dpkg Syntax Issue . . .
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dpkg Syntax Issue . . . Post 302915082 by RudiC on Sunday 31st of August 2014 12:48:17 PM
Old 08-31-2014
Look at the syntax...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Calculate scores and probability -- Syntax issue

Hi, I am totally new to C programming on Sun Solaris environment. I am an active member on the UNIX forum and a good shell programmer. I am trying to achieve some calculations in C programming. I have the pseudo code written down but don't know the syntax. I am reading a couple of books on C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue in ksh file

Hi all, I am struck with syntax for long time, Need to purge some lines from given file Not able to use value of $x Example of ksh script... Facing some syntax issue. Have Tried ‘with single , double ,backtick “” ` and \ escape character , doesn't seem to work. <line 1> echo $x #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manav666
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding syntax error Issue

Hi i as you may already know i am creating a menu driven program. I have chosen to take the approach of implementing each interface individually, after adding another interface and attempting to run the program i am faced with the following error: ./Assigntest: line 32: syntax error near... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a possiable syntax issue in my script

Hello I have tried to my best ability to work around this script tht will reference my m-names.txt which contains the format of: 168.16.0.0/16 169.56.0.0/16 132.2.0.0/16 122.5.0.0/16 Then I call a cli named getzoneprof that will set the $subnet from each of the lines in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr/bc syntax issue

Hi, I am facing issues in my shell script while trying to add two variables. Look at the snippet below for details: # Initially variable SAMPLE1 and SAMPLE2 are set from different sources. Have trucated decimal to avoid numeric errors in expr SAMPLE1=`/usr/bin/top -n 1 | head -3 | tail -1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesh303
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error, not understanding the issue?

Close please. Refer to following thread: Sub Menu issues (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Banned
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue mysql in bash script

I'm running mysql in a bash script mysql <<EOF query EOF one query is like this: UPDATE $dbname.$prefix"config" SET value = $var WHERE "$prefix"config.name = 'table colname'; with variable but it's giving an error i'm not sure what to put for "$prefix"config.name the table... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Syntax issue in curl for getting a file from http site

Hi All I am using curl in my client environment. We need to pull a file from the libraries site. All the files are having perticular URL which can be used to get the files. Only issue is, when we fire that command , it will take to authentication page 1st. once authentication is succed, it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabirkumardhar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Issue

Hello all. Need a bit of help... I have : previous_tmp0=`cat tmp0.txt` previous_tmp1=`cat tmp1.txt` previous_tmp2=`cat tmp2.txt` previous_tmp3=`cat tmp3.txt` previous_tmp4=`cat tmp4.txt` previous_tmp5=`cat tmp5.txt` previous_tmp6=`cat tmp6.txt` previous_tmp7=`cat tmp7.txt` Now I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCSH IF syntax issue

Hi All, I'm trying to write a simple if statement in TCSH and I honestly can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've played around with all sorts of permutations of syntax. if ($DESKTOP_SESSION == "kde") then replace "forceFontDPI=0" "forceFontDPI=96" --... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VerticalMule
0 Replies
dpkg-statoverride(8)						  dpkg utilities					      dpkg-statoverride(8)

NAME
dpkg-statoverride - override ownership and mode of files SYNOPSIS
dpkg-statoverride [option...] command DESCRIPTION
`stat overrides' are a way to tell dpkg(1) to use a different owner or mode for a file when a package is installed. (note: I use the word `file' here, but in reality this can be any filesystem object that dpkg handles, including directories, devices, etc.). This can be used to force programs that are normally setuid to be install without a setuid flag, or only executable by a certain group. dpkg-statoverride is a utility to manage the list of stat overrides. It has three basic functions: adding, removing and listing overrides. COMMANDS
--add user group mode file Add an override for file. file does not need to exist when this command is used; the override will be stored and used later. Users and groups can be specified by their name (for example root or nobody), or by their number by prepending the number with a `#' (for example #0 or #65534). The mode needs to be specified in octal. If --update is specified and file exists, it is immediately set to the new owner and mode. --remove file Remove an override for file, the status of file is left unchanged by this command. --list [glob-pattern] List all overrides. If a glob pattern is specified restrict the output to overrides which match the glob. If there are no overrides or none match the glob dpkg-statoverride will exit with an exitcode of 1. --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. OPTIONS
--admindir directory Change the directory of the dpkg database where the statoverride file is also stored. Defaults to /var/lib/dpkg. --force Force an action, even if a sanity check would otherwise prohibit it. This is necessary to override an existing override. --update Immediately try to change the file to the new owner and mode if it exists. --quiet Be less verbose about what we do. ENVIRONMENT
DPKG_ADMINDIR If set and the --admindir option has not been specified, it will be used as the dpkg data directory. FILES
/var/lib/dpkg/statoverride File which contains the current list of stat overrides of the system. It is located in the dpkg administration directory, along with other files important to dpkg, such as `status' or `available'. Note: dpkg-statoverride preserves the old copy of this file, with extension "-old", before replacing it with the new one. SEE ALSO
dpkg(1). Debian project 2011-07-04 dpkg-statoverride(8)