Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Keystroke logging issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Keystroke logging issue Post 302915008 by scj2012 on Saturday 30th of August 2014 11:36:58 AM
Old 08-30-2014
Keystroke logging issue

I'm having an issue with keystoke logging. As we know in unix you can press tab to auto-complete a command or whatever it is you are typing. Well keystoke logging in
Code:
/var/log/ks

, tabs are actually showing up as tabs rather than whatever the auto-completion was.

Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Keystroke log, eventlog, etc...

Don't you just hate crackers? Ok, I have a user on my server who is always causing trouble. He is constantly trying to get into files, change stuff, get users passwords, etc. I was wondering if Linux has a built in keystroke log, or event log of some sort that I may use to track his movements. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keystroke trap

Hi, How to track/trap the keyboard strokes in the script say for eg, in normal scene, when a script is running, if a press control c, the program gets terminated... so in this case, how do i trap the keystrokes so as to avoid the abort of the program.. pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Issue with user logging in to HP UX Server

Hi, I wonder if anyone is able to assist me. I have a HP UX server and some HP UX workstations that has been migrated from another network. I have changed the IP Addresses and everything seems to be working fine. However, the users are complaining that they are unable to login to the UX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michaelgim
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldapmodify: keystroke to apply changes

Hi, I need to modify some entries in LDAP, but with what keystroke do I exit and apply the changes? Thanks Brissix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brissix
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Disabled keystroke at the log-in menu

Hello I am unable to enter my password because the OS does not respond to my keystrokes in the password field at the log-in menu, even though it does in the username field. I have no clue how to troubleshoot this. Please help me out. Thank you (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dai2809
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Reading keyboard keystroke

Hello All, I wounder if any one know if perl have the ability to run script in the background which record each keyboard keystorke? If yes , how can I implement the part which reading the keyboard keystroke? Is there any moudle that handle it ? Thanks a head Alalush (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Unix keystroke logger

Hi all, Does anyone know if there is a tool in the market that could do the following when System Admin log to the server as root and perform activities according to his change request: - trap or log his keystroke for the entire duration - provide a report on the changes SA has made to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding automatic keystroke

Hi All , I am writing a shell script for a 3D test case . The 3D Test case involves the user to press some keys to see the changes in the 3d test case . The user has to press p , r , a , z etc to observe the changes on screen . Now please let me know how can i implement the keystroke p , a ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dskonnur
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing the keystroke

i have the below script: #!/bin/bash echo "enter a" read a echo "enter b" read b let c=a+b echo $c at any point of time between entering the value for a and b,if user presses ctrl+a key combination, then it should start from the beginning(the script should be restarted). it should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
VLLOG(5)							AFS File Reference							  VLLOG(5)

NAME
VLLog - Traces Volume Location Server operations DESCRIPTION
The VLLog file records a trace of Volume Location (VL) Server (vlserver process) operations on the local machine and describes any error conditions it encounters. If the VLLog file does not already exist in the /var/log/openafs directory when the VL Server starts, the server process creates it and writes initial start-up messages to it. If there is an existing file, the VL Server renames it to VLLog.old, overwriting the existing VLLog.old file if it exists. The file is in ASCII format. Administrators listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file can use the bos getlog command to display its contents. Alternatively, log onto the server machine and use a text editor or a file display command such as the UNIX cat command. By default, the mode bits on the VLLog file grant the required "r" (read) permission to all users. The VL Server records operations only as it completes them, and cannot recover from failures by reviewing the file. The log contents are useful for administrative evaluation of process failures and other problems. The VL Server can record messages at three levels of detail. By default, it records only very rudimentary messages. To increase logging to the first level of detail, issue the following command while logged onto the database server machine as the local superuser "root". # kill -TSTP <vlserver_pid> where <vlserver_pid> is the process ID of the vlserver process, as reported in the output from the standard UNIX ps command. To increase to the second and third levels of detail, repeat the command. To disable logging, issue the following command. # kill -HUP <vlserver_pid> To decrease the level of logging, first completely disable it and then issue the "kill -TSTP" command as many times as necessary to reach the desired level. SEE ALSO
UserList(5), bos_getlog(8), vlserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 VLLOG(5)