Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combining multiple block of lines in one comma separated line Post 302914951 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 29th of August 2014 09:10:00 AM
Old 08-29-2014
Hello,

One more approach for same.

Code:
awk -F":" -vs1="," -vpun=",\t" '/Six:/ {s=1;match($0,/[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]\-.*/);val=substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)} !/Six:/ {s=0} !s{gsub(/^[[:space:]]+/,X,$2);a=a?a s1 $1 OFS $2:$1 OFS $2} /Count:/ {p=1} {if(p){gsub(/^\:\,/,X,a);print val pun a;s=0;p=0;a=""}}' OFS=":" filename

Output will be as follows.

Code:
2014-06-04 03:02:05.353,        Name:abc,CName:xyz,Three:def,Event:Off,Five:server1,Number:123456789,Priority:High,Nine:9,Data:abc def ghi jkl mno pqr stv,Count:9
2014-06-04 05:10:05.353,        Name:tmp,CName:bar,Three:foo,Event:On,Five:server2,Number:123456789,Priority:Low,Nine:9,Data:abc def ghi jkl mno pqr stv,Count:9

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a column in multiple files that are comma separated

Hi, I have a directory that contains say 100 files named sequencially like input_1.25_50_C1.txt input_1.25_50_C2.txt input_1.25_50_C3.txt input_1.25_50_C4.txt .. .. .. input_1.25_50_C100.txt an example of the content in each of the file is: "NAME" "MEM.SHIP" "cgd1_10" "cgd1_10"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing sequence of line no. with comma separated

Kindly i want to concatenate every 12 lines ina file, using a comma separator between fields (each line)? can anyone help please? thanks a lot in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_wassal
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort comma separated lines by specific columns

Hello, I have a file which lines' words are comma separated: aa, bb, cc, uu b, ee, ff bb, cc, zz, ee, ss, kk oo, bb, hh, uu a, xx, ww tt, aa, dd, yy aa, gg I want to sort first by second column and in case of tie by fourth column with sort command. So the output would be: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
4 Replies

4. Programming

PERL:Combining multiple lines to single line

Hi All I need a small help for the below format in making a small script in Perl or Shell. I have a file in which a single line entries are broken into three line entries. Eg: I have a pen and notebook. All i want is to capture in a single line in a separate file. eg: I have a pen and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaiela
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Multiple Comma Separated IP's To A Bash Array

I am in the process of creating a BASH shell scripts for a project at work. So the scenario is as such: I have a file with each line entry separated by ':' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Words separated by comma in line

Hi All, I am facing issue, to read words in line, line as follow and i want to read word at each comma 1,you,are,two So i want read like 1 you are two Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sujit_kashyap
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make multiple lines into single quoted comma separated Linux

Hi, I want to change a file file1.txt: 1234 3456 2345 6789 3456 2333 4444 As, file2.txt in Linux: '1234','3456','2345','6789','3456','2333','4444' Could someone please help me. (Single liner sed, awk will be welcome!) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiweq05
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to change comma separated line to horizontal

I am trying to change a file that looks like this: file, announcement,date, server, server01, server02, server06, file04, rec01, rec04, rec03... etc into a vertical file like this: file announcement date server server01 server02 server06 The file does not have to be sorted... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma separated values to individual lines

My OS : RHEL 6.7 I have a text file with comma separated values like below $ cat testString.txt 'JOHN' , 'KEITH' , 'NEWMAN' , 'URSULA' , 'ARIANNA' , 'CHENG', . . . . I want these values to appear like below 'JOHN' , 'KEITH' , 'NEWMAN' , 'URSULA' , 'ARIANNA' , 'CHENG', .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX put comma separated data on its own line

In Linux you can do this to put comma separated data on its own line like this. sed 's/ */&\n/g' /tmp/ports sed 's/ */\n/g' /tmp/ports How do you do this in AIX? It is not working. Is there another way to do this? Something like this. 1, 2, 3, 4 To look like this. 1 2 3 4 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
RCORDER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						RCORDER(8)

NAME
rcorder -- print a dependency ordering of interdependent files SYNOPSIS
rcorder [-k keep] [-s skip] file ... DESCRIPTION
rcorder is designed to print out a dependency ordering of a set of interdependent files. Typically it is used to find an execution sequence for a set of shell scripts in which certain files must be executed before others. Each file passed to rcorder should be annotated with special lines (which look like comments to the shell) which indicate the dependencies the files have upon certain points in the sequence, known as ``conditions'', and which indicate, for each file, which ``conditions'' may be expected to be filled by that file. Within each file, a block containing a series of ``REQUIRE'', ``PROVIDE'', ``BEFORE'' and ``KEYWORD'' lines should appear. The format of the lines is rigid. Each line must begin with a single ``#'', followed by a single space, followed by ``PROVIDE:'', ``REQUIRE:'', ``BEFORE:'', or ``KEYWORD:''. No deviation is permitted. Each dependency line is then followed by a series of conditions, separated by whitespace. Mul- tiple ``PROVIDE'', ``REQUIRE'', ``BEFORE'' and ``KEYWORD'' lines may appear, but all such lines must appear in a sequence without any inter- vening lines, as once a line that does not follow the format is reached, parsing stops. The options are as follows: -k Add the specified keyword to the ``keep list''. If any -k option is given, only those files containing the matching keyword are listed. -s Add the specified keyword to the ``skip list''. If any -s option is given, files containing the matching keyword are not listed. An example block follows: # REQUIRE: networking syslog # REQUIRE: usr # PROVIDE: dns nscd This block states that the file in which it appears depends upon the ``networking'', ``syslog'', and ``usr'' conditions, and provides the ``dns'' and ``nscd'' conditions. A file may contain zero ``PROVIDE'' lines, in which case it provides no conditions, and may contain zero ``REQUIRE'' lines, in which case it has no dependencies. A file containing no ``PROVIDE'', ``REQUIRE'', or ``BEFORE'' lines may be output at an arbitrary position in the depen- dency ordering. There must be at least one file with no dependencies in the set of arguments passed to rcorder in order for it to find a starting place in the dependency ordering. DIAGNOSTICS
rcorder may print one of the following error messages and exit with a non-zero status if it encounters an error while processing the file list. Requirement %s has no providers, aborting. No file has a ``PROVIDE'' line corresponding to a condition present in a ``REQUIRE'' line in another file. Circular dependency on provision %s, aborting. A set of files has a circular dependency which was detected while processing the stated con- dition. Circular dependency on file %s, aborting. A set of files has a circular dependency which was detected while processing the stated file. SEE ALSO
rc(8) HISTORY
The rcorder program first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. AUTHORS
Written by Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com> and Matthew R. Green <mrg@eterna.com.au>. BSD
April 23, 2003 BSD