Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 virtual disk (ramdisk) create for sun4v (T-2000 simulator) architecture Post 302914823 by gull04 on Thursday 28th of August 2014 07:24:37 AM
Old 08-28-2014
Hi,

If you have the ramdiskadm utility, then all you should have to do is;
  • Create the Ramdisk with :- ramdiskadm -a "name" 2g
  • Then create the filesystem using newfs.
  • Then set the requred boot block
  • Finally mount the file system

I would show an example if I could but due to changes here, all my solaris installs are virtual and very small and creating a ramdisk would probably impact on performance also I have a change control board to contend with.

Give the above a try and let me know how you get on.

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Clone disk for Sun Blade 2000

Hai ......... my name Rio, I want to clone my harddisk at Sun Balade 2000 server with Solaris 8 OS, my question is : a. what kind method for making backup or clonning disk ? b. what method more easier , quick but still reliable ? c. how to proceed it ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rioria
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create a ramdisk

Hi all, I wanted to make a ramdisk for a opensolaris distro. I have very little idea of how to create it? can anyone pls help me out? Is there any tutorial on creating it on the net??? Also can i make changes to the actual os itself by changing the scripts involved in ramdisk then use it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to create new partitions in solaris,from the raw disk?

Hi all, I would like to know how to make new partitions.... I currently have allocated 60G for various slices (I have totally used 4 out of 7 available slices... I am running only solaris on my box. My plan is to have entire disk dedicated to solaris and run other OS from within... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Virtual disk to create and partition

I have to do this exercise: Create a virtual disk Partition this disk Create File system Mount File System I'm using Minix (which runs by Qemu as guest machine) on Linux (Host) Is there anybody who knows how to solve first three point? :confused: Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris sun4v - how do you determine physical RAM?

I have a Sun T5120, and I want to programmatically determine how much RAM it has. # uname -a SunOS myhost 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120 The box has 64Gb; I tried prtdiag and prtconf, but they give me bogus info prtconf gives me: # prtconf |grep -i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
12 Replies

6. Solaris

How to create mirror disk in solaris machine?

hi, I'm newbie in Solaris 10. can someone explain me the steps of how to create mirror disk in Solaris machine. thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
5 Replies

7. Solaris

create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10

Hi All, does any body know how to create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10 if any one have good article or reference kindly provide me i try to Google but i didn't find good one (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamisux
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to create virtual disks in solaris

Hi, I have installed oracle 10g release 2 on solaris 10 Zone. I want to configure ASM in local Zone using virtual disks in place of real disks. I have configured ASM using virtual disks in place real disk in Solaris 10 Global zone. How i can do in local Zone Kindly guid me with proper... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Create a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86

I’m setting up a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86. I’m used to doing it on SPARC, where you can copy the partition table using fmthard. My x86 boot disk has 2 primary partitions, a Solaris one and a diagnostic one. Is there a way to copy those 2 primary partitions to the second disk without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies
pseudo(4)							   File Formats 							 pseudo(4)

NAME
pseudo - configuration files for pseudo device drivers DESCRIPTION
Pseudo devices are devices that are implemented entirely in software. Drivers for pseudo devices must provide driver configuration files to inform the system of each pseudo device that should be created. Configuration files for pseudo device drivers must identify the parent driver explicitly as pseudo, and must create an integer property called instance which is unique to this entry in the configuration file. Each entry in the configuration file creates a prototype devinfo node. Each node is assigned an instance number which is determined by the value of the instance property. This property is only applicable to children of the pseudo parent, and is required since pseudo devices have no hardware address from which to determine the instance number. See driver.conf(4) for further details of configuration file syntax. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample configuration file. Here is a configuration file called ramdisk.conf for a pseudo device driver that implements a RAM disk. This file creates two nodes called "ramdisk". The first entry creates ramdisk node instance 0, and the second creates ramdisk node, instance 1, with the additional disk-size property set to 512. # # Copyright (c) 1993, by Sun Microsystems, Inc. # #ident "@(#)ramdisk.conf 1.3 93/06/04 SMI" name="ramdisk" parent="pseudo" instance=0; name="ramdisk" parent="pseudo" instance=1 disk-size=512; SEE ALSO
driver.conf(4), ddi_prop_op(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 15 Jun 1993 pseudo(4)