Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GCC: General Macro for BSD
Top Forums Programming GCC: General Macro for BSD Post 302914802 by AntumDeluge on Thursday 28th of August 2014 02:06:31 AM
Old 08-28-2014
Thank you Corona, perfect. That helps me understand stdin a bit better as well.
This User Gave Thanks to AntumDeluge For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

3. Programming

Make-question - redefine a macro, using another macro..?

I think there is no problem to use any macro in a new macro definishion, but I have a problem with that. I can not understand why? I have a *.mak file that inludes file with many definitions and rules. ############################################## include dstndflt.mak ... One of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies
esdcat(1)							   User Commands							 esdcat(1)

NAME
esdcat - play a sound file SYNOPSIS
esdcat [-s hostname:port] [-b] [-h] [-m] [-n filename] [-r freq] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The esdcat application pipes data from the filename specified (or stdin if not specified) to the sound device, using the Enlightened Sound Daemon (esd). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s hostname:port Contact the esd server on hostname at port. -b Specify that the output should be in 8-bit format. By default, the output is in 16-bit format. -h Display help text, and exit. -m Specify that the output should be in mono format. By default, the output is in stereo format. -n filename Specify the filename of the input file. If the filename is specified both as an operand and with the -n option, then the value specified with the -n option is ignored. If no filename is specified with the command, then stdin is used. -r freq Specify that the output rate should be set to freq. By default, the output rate is set to 44.1 kHz. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename Specify the filename of the input file. If no filename is specified with the command, then stdin is used. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Playing a sound file "beep" from stdin example% esdcat < beep EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/esdcat Executable for Enlightened Sound Daemon sound piper ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-audio | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
esdplay(1), esdrec(1), esdsample(1), esdmon(1), esdctl(1), esd-config(1), libesd(3), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006. SunOS 5.11 7 Jan 2003 esdcat(1)