Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GREP Formatting Question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GREP Formatting Question Post 302914783 by FCoda10 on Wednesday 27th of August 2014 08:52:36 PM
Old 08-27-2014
GREP Formatting Question

I have the following nmap file output with the multiple IP’s listed in the format below. Is there a way that GREP can format the output to just display IP and any ports that contain 'http' for that IP on its own line?

file:
Code:
Host: 192.168.1.xxx ()	Ports: 80/open/tcp//http///, 139/open/tcp//netbios-ssn///, 515/open/
Host: 192.168.1.xxx ()	Ports: 23/open/tcp//telnet///	Ignored State: closed (99)Host: ....................

desired output
I want the output to look like this:
Code:
192.168.1.xxx Ports: 80/open/tcp//http
192.168.1.xxx ....................

Last edited by Corona688; 08-27-2014 at 10:43 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk formatting question

Currently I have a box that I am dual-booting Win98 & Linux on. I have an unformatted 3 gig slice that I would like to install Soloris 8 x86 on. Are there any issues I should be aware of? How close is the x86 install to the sparc install? The Linux partition will be going away but I need to reatain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Grep Results - Formatting

Hello, Perhaps someone here can help with this. I'd like to grep a plain text file for a word and output each line containing a word found to a seperate line instead of back to back. Examples: Basic command: cat file.txt > grep -i CAT > results.txt file.txt: The cat said meow The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysera
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about formatting results

OK, I have a command that is getting a result, that I am trying to format using awk. I think it's pretty ugly, and there is probably a better way to do it, but this is sorta working for me. Anyway, the command: cat /var/log/cups/page_log | grep testuser | grep My_office_printer | awk '{gsub... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep sorting/formatting

Hi, I currently have many log files for different webpages inside the folder /log/. The program allows the user to enter a month and then the grep function searches for it, the command i used is below: grep -c "$month" ./log/*.log This works and i can ascertain the number of matches, but I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaken
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formatting question

How can i change the display of a text file containing 4980 167 187 4980 167 187 4980 167 180 4980 167 180 4980 167 179 4980 272 174 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliaa2a
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about formatting the output

I need to ask a question on how to format the output in a csv format. Right now i am running a shell script which executes a command and the following output is append through a unix script in a .csv file. So the output of xyz.csv is as follow :- 1. Number = 25 Amount $84,132.22 2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris1234
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Grep result loses formatting

I am searching for a string in a file and then redirecting the contents in another file... however the formatting is not preserved.. Can you please help me on this ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output formatting of grep

hi, I am trying to find the word "root" from the follwoing sample file: #12.12.12.2222 echo "Hai........" 11.11.1.1111 3.23.AS.AA ab.cd.df.rf /usr/bin jhhh 12.12.AF.12 /urf/sss/kk kkk su sh.s exec su root; ,root sudo -sh cosrootex (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamingo_l
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting grep and awk output

Hi there. I have a very large file and I am trying to format it so that I can pull out certain pieces of data/info and report it in spreadsheet format/style. The file has ###### which will separate each line that will be listed in the spreadsheet. Whenever I find "No" at the end of a line I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Formatting Question

Good Morning- I've been cloning a Solaris 9 SPARC machine using ufsrestoreand have successfully restored drive 0. Now I'm trying to set up the mirror drive. To label and format the new drive, I used#format -e ->select c0t1d0 ->label ->select SMI ->select no ->select no ->select yes and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies
GZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GZGREP(1)

NAME
gzgrep, gzegrep, gzfgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
gzgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
gzgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If gzgrep is invoked as gzegrep or gzfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, gzgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep gzgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; gzgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), gzdiff(1), gzmore(1), gznew(1), gzforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgzip | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gzip is available in the SUNWgzipS package. GZGREP(1)