Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Proxy Server RedHat Satellite server - Setting up HP Repository Post 302914716 by wayned on Wednesday 27th of August 2014 12:35:32 PM
Old 08-27-2014
That appears to deal with issues of the client to the satellite server. My problem is getting the repository installed and syncing from HP down to my satellite server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Setting Up Routing In Linux Redhat 9 Help

:mad: I have just recently got into using Linux RedHat 9. So far I love it, I have set it up on a server I am running. Right now I have set up Samba and am running a file server for my house. I have four computers, the linux box is connected to the internet through a switch I have. There are two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xTHESEUSx
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

Setting a locale in Redhat ES 4

Hi, I am writing a shell script which would ask user to select a locale and should set the locale for them. In the script I am doing export LANG=<user selected locale> and i do 'locale' it would show me the changed locale. But, when I come out of the program and do 'locale' it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Setting an alias in Redhat

Hi Everyone, I am trying to set up alias the only way I now how, buy making entry into .bashrc file. The entry I made is alias ll='ls -lrt' It is not working as I expect. When I enter "alias" at the command line I get the following. $ alias alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty' alias... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
2 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Redhat LINUX 5 setting In VMWARE

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have installed Redhat Linux 5 in VMWARE and would need to access through putty form the same desktop or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasiWipro
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

installing Redhat Repository server

Hello, can someone please assist me userguide to setup simple Redhat yum Repository server with out using redhat satellite server. So all client will be pointing to this repository server to install rpm's. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) repository from Unix Server

Hello, Some of our application team uses Microsoft Team Foundation server (TFS) reposity tool for their .NET projects , I would like to access it form Unix/Linux machine. Please let me know how can access the TFS from unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Yum repository linking to ftp site of Redhat

I have a query that does Redhat have the link to the yum repository on its FTP site. In my environment, I have the file rhel-debuginfo.repo which has - baseurl=ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/Debuginfo. I hope, my question is clear that is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trying to figure out the CVS repository server.

We have an issue where we are able to check out files from unix however not from windows. On Unix I have the cvs host set to /home/group/CVSROOT but when I try and access the folder from windows I get an exception that the server refuses connection. On unix the CVSROOT is a filer and not the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjohnson
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Redhat Offline enviroment with satellite and sync host

Hello, we got a high security network which is completely offline. We want to use a Sync Host like described here in the Redhat documentation for Sattelite 6. I have the following Questions: - We need the complete Repository not only the main one how much space we need for this ? - Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: izual
2 Replies
VIRT-WHO(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VIRT-WHO(8)

NAME
virt-who - Agent for reporting virtual guest IDs to Subscription Asset Manager. SYNOPSIS
virt-who [-d] [-i INTERVAL] [-b] [-o] [--sam|--satellite] [--libvirt|--vdsm|--esx|--rhevm|--hyperv] OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -d, --debug Enable debugging output -b, --background Run in the background and monitor virtual guests -o, --one-shot Send the list of guest IDs and exit immediately -i INTERVAL, --interval=INTERVAL Acquire and send list of virtual guest each N seconds Virtualization backend Choose virtualization backend that should be used to gather host/guest associations --libvirt Use libvirt to list virtual guests [default] --vdsm Use vdsm to list virtual guests --esx Register ESX machines using vCenter --rhevm Register guests using RHEV-M --hyperv Register guests using Hyper-V Subscription manager Choose where the host/guest associations should be reported --sam Report host/guest associations to the Subscription Asset Manager [default] --satellite Report host/guest associations to the Satellite vCenter/ESX options Use this options with --esx --esx-owner=OWNER Organization who has purchased subscriptions of the products --esx-env=ENV Environment where the vCenter server belongs to --esx-server=SERVER URL of the vCenter server to connect to --esx-username=USERNAME Username for connecting to vCenter --esx-password=PASSWORD Password for connecting to vCenter RHEV-M options Use this options with --rhevm --rhevm-owner=OWNER Organization who has purchased subscriptions of the products --rhevm-env=ENV Environment where the RHEV-M belongs to --rhevm-server=SERVER URL of the RHEV-M server to connect to --rhevm-username=USERNAME Username for connecting to RHEV-M --rhevm-password=PASSWORD Password for connecting to RHEV-M Hyper-V options Use this options with --hyperv --hyperv-owner=OWNER Organization who has purchased subscriptions of the products --hyperv-env=ENV Environment where the Hyper-V belongs to --hyperv-server=SERVER URL of the Hyper-V server to connect to --hyperv-username=USERNAME Username for connecting to Hyper-V --hyperv-password=PASSWORD Password for connecting to Hyper-V Satellite options: Use this options with --satellite --satellite-server=SAT_SERVER Satellite server URL --satellite-username=SAT_USERNAME Username for connecting to Satellite server --satellite-password=SAT_PASSWORD Password for connecting to Satellite server ENVIRONMENT
virt-who also reads environmental variables. They have the same name as command line arguments but upper-cased, with underscore instead of dash and prefixed with VIRTWHO_ (e.g. VIRTWHO_ONE_SHOT). Empty variables are considered as disabled, non-empty as enabled USAGE
MODE virt-who has three modes how it can run: 1. one-shot mode # virt-who -o In this mode virt-who just sends list of guest UUIDs to the server and exits. 2. interval mode # virt-who This is default mode. virt-who will check and send list of guest UUIDs once per hour. This interval can be changed using "-i INTER- VAL" option where INTERVAL is number of seconds how often it should check and send the list. 3. background mode # virt-who -b This mode is similar to interval mode but it monitors events from libvirt and update list of guest UUIDs as soon as possible. It also does the interval check (interval can be altered by "-i INTERVAL" option). NOTE: virt-who don't print anything to terminal in this mode NOTE: monitoring for events requires libvirt backend, but this mode can be used with all backends. VIRTUALIZATION BACKEND virt-who can use couple of virtualization backends. 1. libvirt # virt-who # virt-who --libvirt Use libvirt as virtualization backend. This is default. NOTE: virt-who can monitor for events only in this mode. 2. vdsm # virt-who --vdsm Use vdsm as virtualization backend. 3. ESX # virt-who --esx --esx-owner=ESX_OWNER --esx-env=ESX_ENV --esx-server=ESX_SERVER --esx-username=ESX_USERNAME --esx-pass- word=ESX_PASSWORD Use ESX (vCenter) as virtualization backend and specify option required to connect to ESX server. 4. RHEV-M # virt-who --rhevm --rhevm-owner=RHEVM_OWNER --rhevm-env=RHEVM_ENV --rhevm-server=RHEVM_SERVER --rhevm-username=RHEVM_USERNAME --rhevm-password=RHEVM_PASSWORD Use RHEV-M as virtualization backend and specify option required to connect to RHEV-M server. 5. Hyper-V # virt-who --hyperv --hyperv-owner=HYPERV_OWNER --hyperv-env=HYPERV_ENV --hyperv-server=HYPERV_SERVER --hyperv-user- name=HYPERV_USERNAME --hyperv-password=HYPERV_PASSWORD Use Hyper-V as virtualization backend and specify option required to connect to Hyper-V server. SUBSCRIPTION MANAGER virt-who can report host/guest associations either to Subscription Asset Manager (SAM) or to Satellite. 1. Subscription Asset Manager # virt-who # virt-who --sam System must be registered using subscription-manager prior to using virt-who. Configuration for connecting to SAM is shared between subscription-manager and virt-who. This is default. 2. Satellite # virt-who --satellite --satellite-server=SAT_SERVER --satellite-username=SAT_USERNAME --satellite-password=SAT_PASSWORD This option can't be used for monitoring local guests, use rhn-virtualization-host instead. LOGGING
virt-who always writes error output to file /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log. In all modes, excluding background ("-b"), it writes same output also to the standard error output. virt-who can be started with option "-d" in all modes and with all backends. This option will enable verbose output with more information. AUTHOR
Radek Novacek <rnovacek at redhat dot com> virt-who August 2013 VIRT-WHO(8)