Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to send the email in formatted way Post 302914632 by sdosanjh on Wednesday 27th of August 2014 03:49:00 AM
Old 08-27-2014
@SriniShoo..and Moderators...
Thanks..
You rocked and it worked Smilie

Last edited by sdosanjh; 08-27-2014 at 05:16 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to send an email attachment

i know its pretty repeated query, but i need to post it in this new thread coz i need it urgently uuencode /var/tmp/chandra/emaillist.txt emaillist.txt | mail -s "message with encoded attachment" am unable to send the attachment emaillist.txt present in the path /var/tmp/chandra/ Is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to send email to the outside world

Hi all, Iam unable to send mail from my unix machine(solaris x86,version 5.10) to the outside world. I can able to access the internet,but not able to send to any yahoo or company email id. Before posting this,i have searched this forum many times,but could not get the results what i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent: Not able to send the html formatted message from mailx

<html> <body style=background-color:AliceBlue> <p>Hi,<pre>please check the connectivity status of the server. <pre> And find the server log file for more details. </p> <h1><font size="4">SERVER <font color="red">111.111.11.1</font> IS NOT AVAILABLE IN ONLINE</font></h1> <font color="red"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
5 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to send email with sendmail from PHP 5.3 on CentOS VM

I have a longstanding issue on my CentOS 5.6 VM where I am unable to send email from my PHP application. This is the last bunch of lines from my /var/log/maillog file. Feb 14 10:29:16 dev53 sendmail: s1EATEEo004637: Authentication-Warning: www.craig.dev-crmpicco.lan: apache set sender to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting unable to send the sql query data in table in body of email

I have written a shell script that calls below sql file. It is not sending the query data in table in the body of email. spool table_update.html; SELECT * FROM PROCESS_LOG_STATS where process = 'ActivateSubscription'; spool off; exit; Please use code tags next time for your code and data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharanakumar
9 Replies

8. Programming

Unable to send email using Java in Linux

Hi All, We recently moved to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 from Solaris 10. The existing Java code to send emails in Solaris is public class card_cardMessenger{ /** * Send an e-mail message via the Runtime class * @see Runtime * @return boolean (success or failure of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meghan2525
1 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS, SSL and NONE. Default is TLS. WARNING: Choosing NONE is highly insecure SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)