Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Plotting A Sine Curve Inside A Bash Shell... Post 302914577 by Corona688 on Tuesday 26th of August 2014 06:14:48 PM
Old 08-26-2014
I was trying to output direct 8-bit binary in awk. It kept converting my ff's into two-byte sequences.

You can, in GNU awk, with -b, which I was missing before:

Code:
$ # F is frequency, R is samplerate, S is number of samples
$ awk -b -v F=4000 -v R=8000 -v S=20 'BEGIN { for(N=0; N<S; N++) printf("%c", int(255*(sin(3.14159/2+2*3.14159*N*(F/R))/2)+128)) }' /dev/null | hexdump -C

00000000  ff 00 ff 00 ff 00 ff 00  ff 00 ff 00 ff 00 ff 00  |................|
00000010  ff 00 ff 00                                       |....|

$

Ordinary awk should be able to manage 1-127 with %c, but no more.

Last edited by Corona688; 08-26-2014 at 07:22 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] redirect standard error and use it inside

Hi all, Maybe my question is too simple but till now i couldn't figure about a solution :( I have a bash script scheduled in cron: <cron time parameters> my_script.sh > result.log 2>&1 By this way i can have standard output and standard error in my result.log file Now i want my script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pescator
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running bash command inside awk

Org file 192.168.1.10 d:\adir\xdir 192.168.1.11 d:\bdir\ydir want to covert it into robocopy \\192.168.1.10\d$\adir\xdir\log* some_localdir\adir robocopy \\192.168.1.10\d$\adir\ydir\log* some_localdir\bbdir (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ydk
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using awk inside bash script?

Hello, I'm trying to write a bash script that will query the current system time (OS X 10.6.6) and then convert the output from HH:MM:SS into time in seconds. The output of the system time command (systemsetup -gettime) is returned as: Time: HH:MM:SS so I wanted to use awk -F: to grab... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xaiu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning curve to understand bash iteration

Hi Folks, I know on one side there is script and on another side there is smart script. I am able to achieve what I got but thought there has to be a code which doesn't require multiple lines. So if you guys can help me out than it will be awesome. Also I wrote in cshell but if can get both the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide bash code which is inside C plus plus program

I am embedding bash in cpp. Can the bash code be hidden (when we cat the executable to not be able to see the bash code) The simple code I am using: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; #define test1 "\ #!/bin/sh --posix \n\ echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frad
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aliases NOT working inside bash shell script

i have defined a function ln_s() for customizing the ln command in script1.sh. more script1.sh echo "Starting Execution" ./script2.sh echo "End of Execution" ln_s(){ ] && return ln -s "$1" "$2" } My script1.sh executes another script2.sh which has the following entry more script2.sh... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Multiple checks inside if condition in a bash shell script

Hi, I need to perform the untar and rm operation if the file found is a .tar and does not have test.tar or hello.tar as the file names. Below is the loop to check the same. for tf in *.tar do if ] then found=1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
dxhangulim(1X)															    dxhangulim(1X)

NAME
dxhangulim - An input server for Korean DESCRIPTION
In a Motif environment such as CDE, Asian language input methods are supported by independent processes called input servers. The Korean input server (dxhangulim) is an X client process that can run on a standard X server, provided that the server system has the required Korean fonts installed. This means that the Korean input server can run on any system that can access your X display device, including the device itself. Starting the Input Server If your CDE session language is set to Korean, the Korean input server is started automatically, and both the language setting and the Korean input method is available for applications that you start during that session. If your session language is not set to Korean, you can switch to Korean from a terminal emulation window by setting the LANG environment variable to a Korean locale. From the same terminal emulation window, you must also use the command line to start the Korean input method server and then other applications in which you want to use Korean. You can start the input server on your local workstation by using the following command: % /usr/bin/X11/dxhangulim & If you want to start the input server on a remote system, log on the remote system, and enter the following commands. Substitute the name of your local system for <display_name> in the first command. % setenv DISPLAY <display_name>:0 % /usr/bin/X11/dxhangulim & After the input server is started, any Motif applications that have been internationalized to support Korean can communicate with the server to obtain input method services. However, remember that these applications must be started after the server is started. PC-Style Keyboard Restrictions If you are using a PC-style keyboard, the input server may not recognize the Backspace key as the way to delete the previous character in the input method preediting area. In this case, you must use the Delete key to delete the character. The default Alt-Space key sequence for activating and deactivating the input method may not work under CDE. In this case, invoke the dialog box for Input Method Customization and change the key sequence for Start Input Method and End Input Method to be something other than Alt- Space. For example, you could change the sequence to be Ctrl-Space. SEE ALSO
Commands: dxhanziim(1X), dxhanyuim(1X), dxjim(1X), locale(1) Others: i18n_intro(5), Korean(5), l10n_intro(5) dxhangulim(1X)