Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GCC: General Macro for BSD
Top Forums Programming GCC: General Macro for BSD Post 302914563 by AntumDeluge on Tuesday 26th of August 2014 04:19:14 PM
Old 08-26-2014
Thanks Corona, I realize that. I just wanted to test each macro individually.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

3. Programming

Make-question - redefine a macro, using another macro..?

I think there is no problem to use any macro in a new macro definishion, but I have a problem with that. I can not understand why? I have a *.mak file that inludes file with many definitions and rules. ############################################## include dstndflt.mak ... One of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies
ASSERT_PERROR(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						  ASSERT_PERROR(3)

NAME
assert_perror - test errnum and abort SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE /* See feature_test_macros(7) */ #include <assert.h> void assert_perror(int errnum); DESCRIPTION
If the macro NDEBUG was defined at the moment <assert.h> was last included, the macro assert_perror() generates no code, and hence does nothing at all. Otherwise, the macro assert_perror() prints an error message to standard error and terminates the program by calling abort(3) if errnum is nonzero. The message contains the filename, function name and line number of the macro call, and the output of str- error(errnum). RETURN VALUE
No value is returned. CONFORMING TO
This is a GNU extension. BUGS
The purpose of the assert macros is to help the programmer find bugs in his program, things that cannot happen unless there was a coding mistake. However, with system or library calls the situation is rather different, and error returns can happen, and will happen, and should be tested for. Not by an assert, where the test goes away when NDEBUG is defined, but by proper error handling code. Never use this macro. SEE ALSO
abort(3), assert(3), exit(3), strerror(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2002-08-25 ASSERT_PERROR(3)