Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printf statement for currency conversion Post 302914498 by hemanthsaikumar on Tuesday 26th of August 2014 07:17:33 AM
Old 08-26-2014
hi,
how can we include this %d tag in my prinf statement exactly like
Code:
a=qw
b=rter
c=fdfd
curency=1000
printf"${curency} $a $b $c" > filename

how to insert in the ablve printf statement..?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Currency Conversion

How can I use awk command to convert values to currency. For example I have a database like follows John:200 smith:300 kim:405 and want it to out put like this John $200.00 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format Money/Currency (U.S.)

I have looked everywhere. Does bash have a money/currency format for output? Do I have to use awk or printf? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printf statement

The printf statement pay_amount=$(printf "%013.3f" "$4") working perfectly at one path(xxx/home/rsh) and showing error (printf: 216.000: invalid number) at another path(/opt/xxxx/xxxx). what will be the reason? thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reeta_shri
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintaining file currency

I have a common data folder with files like x* which is accessed by 3 unix servers. Now each server will try to pick one file form this folder and move it to its local folder. How to maintain file concurrency in this case?I dont want the same file to be accessed by more than one process. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK conversion of hexadecimal input to decimal output via printf, I am close I can feel it

I have searched and the answers I have found thus far have led me to this point, so I feel I am just about there. I am trying to convert a column of hexadecimal to decimal values so that I can filter out via grep just the data I want. I was able to pull my original 3 character hex value and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PCGameGuy
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating printf statement using user arguments

I am writing a script in bash and want to perform the operation I check number of arguments and make a print statement with the passes arguments If I pass 3 arguments I will do printf "$frmt" "$1" "$2" "$3"If I have 4 arguments I do printf "$frmt" "$1" "$2" "$3" "$4"etc (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

7. Programming

Printf conversion specifiers

Hello, this is one examples that I always panic with C printf format specifier. 1) I did read the manpage with man 3 printf ...... One can also specify explicitly which argument is taken, at each place where an argument is required, by writing "%m$" instead of '%' and "*m$"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add printf statement in awk command?

hi all i need to add the prinf statement in awk command for the converted comma separated output.... below is my code : Code Credits :RudiC awk -F, 'NF==2 {next} {ITM=$1 AMT=$2+0 CNT=$3+0 TOTA+=$2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
4 Replies
LOCALE.CONF(5)							    locale.conf 						    LOCALE.CONF(5)

NAME
locale.conf - Configuration file for locale settings SYNOPSIS
/etc/locale.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/locale.conf file configures system-wide locale settings. It is read at early boot by systemd(1). The basic file format of locale.conf is a newline-separated list of environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments, no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options locale.LANG=, locale.LANGUAGE=, locale.LC_CTYPE=, locale.LC_NUMERIC=, locale.LC_TIME=, locale.LC_COLLATE=, locale.LC_MONETARY=, locale.LC_MESSAGES=, locale.LC_PAPER=, locale.LC_NAME=, locale.LC_ADDRESS=, locale.LC_TELEPHONE=, locale.LC_MEASUREMENT=, locale.LC_IDENTIFICATION= may be used to override the locale settings at boot. The locale settings configured in /etc/locale.conf are system-wide and are inherited by every service or user, unless overridden or unset by individual programs or individual users. Depending on the operating system, other configuration files might be checked for locale configuration as well, however only as fallback. /etc/vconsole.conf is usually created and updated using systemd-localed.service(8). localectl(1) may be used to alter the settings in this file during runtime from the command line. Use systemd-firstboot(1) to initialize them on mounted (but not booted) system images. OPTIONS
The following locale settings may be set using /etc/locale.conf: LANG=, LANGUAGE=, LC_CTYPE=, LC_NUMERIC=, LC_TIME=, LC_COLLATE=, LC_MONETARY=, LC_MESSAGES=, LC_PAPER=, LC_NAME=, LC_ADDRESS=, LC_TELEPHONE=, LC_MEASUREMENT=, LC_IDENTIFICATION=. Note that LC_ALL may not be configured in this file. For details about the meaning and semantics of these settings, refer to locale(7). EXAMPLE
Example 1. German locale with English messages /etc/locale.conf: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 SEE ALSO
systemd(1), locale(7), localectl(1), systemd-localed.service(8), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 LOCALE.CONF(5)