Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Share Dirctory in Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Share Dirctory in Solaris Post 302914397 by junior-helper on Monday 25th of August 2014 01:37:11 PM
Old 08-25-2014
Just guessing...

1. Possible typo in /etc/dfs/dfstab: share -F nfs -o rw /mount_point1
2. Possibly wrong configuration order: NFS daemon/server was started before the modification in dfstab, thus try to restart NFS daemon/server
3. Run shareall and dfshares on server1, see if the desired share is listed as shared resource

4. On server2: Run dfshares server1, do you get any ouput?
5. On server2: Is the NFS client daemon started? (svcadm restart svc:/network/nfs/client)
6. On server2: Try to mount without -F nfs option
7. On server2: Maybe try another mount point, so the source and target have not same name
This User Gave Thanks to junior-helper For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP a Dirctory

I am easily able to ftp a file with: get <file> but how do I ftp a directory and all the files in it? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radimus
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Remove non empty dirctory

Hi, Any command or means to delete a director which is not empty rmdir or similar iam using Sun Solaries 2.6 :confused: I have many full directories with subdirectories and I can not go on emptying them all (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adol3
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to find the total size of a dirctory tree in Solaris

Hi, I want to find the total size of some directory trees in my solaris 9 machine. Is there a command or utility I can use to do it. Please let me know if there is any way. Thanks Akheel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Share windows and solaris

I want a share windows DVD rom to solaris OS. Is it posible? then give me answers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga499
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to share my internet connetion on solaris 9/10

guys.. i already install opensolaris and have internet connection. i would like to share it to client host. what should i do to configure the system? thank's for your all appreciate:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: susandi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

how to share a folder from windows xp to solaris 8

how to share a folder from windows xp to solaris 8? with out using samba?it is possible or not for sharing a folder between windows and solaris 8 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

7. Solaris

share internet connection in solaris

Hi, how can i share internet connection to LAN in Solaris? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishindn
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to Share between Solaris 10 and Windows

Hello everyone, was looking to get some help. I am very new to Unix and need to join a Sun Ultra 24 workstation running SOLARIS 10 to a small Windows network for file sharing. The Windows Network is a closed network using a Dell server running Windows 2003 Server. The clients on the network... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sluggo
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS Share Issue

Hello all, I am having an issue with an NFS share I have created between two Solaris 10 boxes. I want the share to have read/write permissions, but for some reason it is coming up as read-only on the client side mount despite "rw" being specified in the mount options. Here is what I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fallersaur
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to cd to a dirctory and not exit after cmd

cmd() { results=`eval $* 2>&1` val=$? #return the $* execution value } cmd "cd /home/tom || exit 0" how to realize two point it cd to "/home/tom" not exit from the script after the ----> cmd cd /home/tom || exit 0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)