Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Share Dirctory in Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Share Dirctory in Solaris Post 302914390 by vbe on Monday 25th of August 2014 11:57:36 AM
Old 08-25-2014
Well what is the mount point?
If it is a subdirectory of where you are when trying to mount, that could be the sort of expected message...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP a Dirctory

I am easily able to ftp a file with: get <file> but how do I ftp a directory and all the files in it? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radimus
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Remove non empty dirctory

Hi, Any command or means to delete a director which is not empty rmdir or similar iam using Sun Solaries 2.6 :confused: I have many full directories with subdirectories and I can not go on emptying them all (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adol3
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to find the total size of a dirctory tree in Solaris

Hi, I want to find the total size of some directory trees in my solaris 9 machine. Is there a command or utility I can use to do it. Please let me know if there is any way. Thanks Akheel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Share windows and solaris

I want a share windows DVD rom to solaris OS. Is it posible? then give me answers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga499
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to share my internet connetion on solaris 9/10

guys.. i already install opensolaris and have internet connection. i would like to share it to client host. what should i do to configure the system? thank's for your all appreciate:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: susandi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

how to share a folder from windows xp to solaris 8

how to share a folder from windows xp to solaris 8? with out using samba?it is possible or not for sharing a folder between windows and solaris 8 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

7. Solaris

share internet connection in solaris

Hi, how can i share internet connection to LAN in Solaris? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishindn
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to Share between Solaris 10 and Windows

Hello everyone, was looking to get some help. I am very new to Unix and need to join a Sun Ultra 24 workstation running SOLARIS 10 to a small Windows network for file sharing. The Windows Network is a closed network using a Dell server running Windows 2003 Server. The clients on the network... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sluggo
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS Share Issue

Hello all, I am having an issue with an NFS share I have created between two Solaris 10 boxes. I want the share to have read/write permissions, but for some reason it is coming up as read-only on the client side mount despite "rw" being specified in the mount options. Here is what I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fallersaur
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to cd to a dirctory and not exit after cmd

cmd() { results=`eval $* 2>&1` val=$? #return the $* execution value } cmd "cd /home/tom || exit 0" how to realize two point it cd to "/home/tom" not exit from the script after the ----> cmd cd /home/tom || exit 0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies
VFS_MOUNT(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					      VFS_MOUNT(9)

NAME
vfs_mount -- generic file system mount function SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> int vfs_mount(struct thread *td, const char *fstype, char *fspath, int fsflags, void *fsdata); DESCRIPTION
The vfs_mount() function handles the generic portion of mounting a file system, and calls the file system specific mount function after veri- fying its parameters and setting up the structures expected by the underlying mount code. vfs_mount() is called directly by the mount(2) system call. Its arguments are: td The thread responsible for this call. fstype The type of file system being mounted. fspath The path to the mount point of the file system. fsflags Flags controlling the mount. See mount(2) for details. MNT_EXPORTED, MNT_NOSUID, MNT_UPDATE, MNT_RELOAD, MNT_FORCE, MNT_ASYNC, MNT_SYNCHRONOUS, MNT_UNION, MNT_NOATIME, MNT_SNAPSHOT, MNT_NOCLUSTERR, MNT_NOCLUSTERW, MNT_IGNORE, MNT_UNION, MNT_NOSYMFOLLOW fsdata File system specific data structure. It is in userspace when passed to vfs_mount() and is left untouched when passed to file sys- tem's mount(). RETURN VALUES
A 0 value is returned on success. ERRORS
[ENAMETOOLONG] The fs type or the mount point path is too long or any individual path component is too long. [EPERM] Permission denied. There are a number of reason this can occur ranging from the user not having permission to mount a file system to the securelevel being to high to load the fstype module. [EINVAL] Invalid operation (ex: trying to update a non mount-point). [ENOENT] The mount point does not exist (from namei()). [ELOOP] The mount point is a muddle of links (from namei()). [EOPNOTSUPP] The operation is not supported (ex: reloading a r/w file system). [EBUSY] The mount point is busy or is not really a mount point (on update). [ENOTDIR] The mount point is not a directory. [ENODEV] The kernel linker was unable to load the specified fstype or was unable to find the specified fstype module. Other errors can be returned by the file system's mount() and you should check the specific file system for details. Also this call relies on a large number of other kernel services whose errors it returns so this list may not be exhaustive. SEE ALSO
mount(2), mount(8) vfs.usermount AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>. BSD
November 26, 2004 BSD