Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Discovery Tools.
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Discovery Tools. Post 302914349 by night_watcher on Monday 25th of August 2014 06:16:24 AM
Old 08-25-2014
Hi Dave,

As a pointer I can give nmap. You can scan networks and given ranges with it. It also has GUI called Zenmap, but I have never used that.
I can think only of nmap for this or some small script with netcat, but I think nmap would give you broader view of the network.

Regards
This User Gave Thanks to night_watcher For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

disk discovery

when I "ls /dev/dsk/ ", I can see c0t0d0 and c0t2d0; but when I use format command, I can only see c0t0d0 available; why this happens? how many disk do I have on the machine? (I do not know that) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

host discovery using bash

I am trying to make a bash script to scan subnets to see what hosts are available. Is it correct that you can not make the ping command time out less than a second? The script below works, but can take up to 255 seconds which is a bit long :( Is there a way to solve this using bash only? <code>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bronkeydain
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Topology Discovery

Hello All! New Unix admin here, with a bit of a problem I can't seem to get a straight answer to.. I've been tasked with mapping out the topology (with IPs/Hostnames) of networks...remotely. So, I have SSH access to firewalls, but that's about as far as I can get - how would I go about... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tiyugro
4 Replies

4. AIX

Discovery LPAR from HMC

Hi All, i would like to know if it's possible to know all the IP Addresses of all LPAR's interfaces from HMC (without connect into LPAR). And if i can know also the "Application" hostname of LPAR from HMC. Thanks in advance. Bye Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

5. AIX

Discovery/Mount new disk

Hi all, i must add a new disk on a LPAR. I've done all the HMC and VIOS Procedure to create a virtual host with disk and assign it to lpar. I don't remember how i must do on the lpar to see this disk. (i use lvm not veritas). Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. Bye Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Iscsi Discovery no Portal found

Installed the iscsi target and configured its working fine While i'm running command in initiator # iscsiadm --mode discoverydb --type sendtargets --portal 192.168.1.5 --discover iscsiadm: No portals found i cant find the LUN1 , its not discovering it what may be the issue and how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
0 Replies
XSetPointerMapping(3X11)												  XSetPointerMapping(3X11)

NAME
XSetPointerMapping, XGetPointerMapping - manipulate pointer settings SYNOPSIS
int XSetPointerMapping(display, map, nmap) Display *display; unsigned char map[]; int nmap; int XGetPointerMapping(display, map_return, nmap) Display *display; unsigned char map_return[]; int nmap; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the mapping list. Returns the mapping list. Specifies the number of items in the mapping list. DESCRIPTION
The XSetPointerMapping function sets the mapping of the pointer. If it succeeds, the X server generates a MappingNotify event, and XSet- PointerMapping returns MappingSuccess. Element map[i] defines the logical button number for the physical button i+1. The length of the list must be the same as XGetPointerMapping would return, or a BadValue error results. A zero element disables a button, and elements are not restricted in value by the number of physical buttons. However, no two elements can have the same nonzero value, or a BadValue error results. If any of the buttons to be altered are logically in the down state, XSetPointerMapping returns MappingBusy, and the mapping is not changed. XSetPointerMapping can generate a BadValue error. The XGetPointerMapping function returns the current mapping of the pointer. Pointer buttons are numbered starting from one. XGetPoint- erMapping returns the number of physical buttons actually on the pointer. The nominal mapping for a pointer is map[i]=i+1. The nmap argu- ment specifies the length of the array where the pointer mapping is returned, and only the first nmap elements are returned in map_return. DIAGNOSTICS
Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. SEE ALSO
XChangeKeyboardControl(3X11), XChangeKeyboardMapping(3X11) Xlib -- C Language X Interface XSetPointerMapping(3X11)