Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing last line with awk and change the file name Post 302914241 by rohit_shinez on Saturday 23rd of August 2014 03:04:29 PM
Old 08-23-2014
Hi,

Let me be clear on the requirement

1. Files which ever starting from f and ending with .txt i.e. f*.txt. All the files naming standard will be in the format f1_YYYYMMDD.txt.
2. Need to replace the file naming standard to specific date for e.g. f1_20140101.txt to f1_20140303.txt
3.The step 2 condition will be done based on the replacing the dated column to specific date say here to 20130303. My input file i.e f1_20140101.txt will have data like this:
Code:
aa|aus|20140101|yy
bb|nz|20140101|yy
3|20140101|zz

the input file will follow the same pattern i need to replace the
1. 3rd dated position column to 20140303 in rest of lines
2. 2nd dated position column to 20140303 in last line of the input file

output some thing like this with file name replaced to f1_20140303.txt
Code:
aa|aus|20140303|yy
bb|nz|20140303|yy
3|20140303|zz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a line in a file - HELP!!!

I have a problem in the following code ... while read line do #Get Line Number OLDLINE=`sed -n $Lineno $filename` echo "Un Changed Line : "$OLDLINE echo "Enter a New Pattern : " read NewPattern <&1 echo "NewPattern :"$NewPattern NEWLINE=`cat $filename | sed -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one line, change \n to sth in a file

Hi Everyone, cat 1.txt aaa bbb ccc outout will be cat 2.txt ,,aaa,,bbb,ccc,, means change "\n" to ",,", and add ",," into the beginging and ending. right now i am using perl while to open and read the file, then split \t, feel not nice. please advice. and i hear using perl... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing line 'i' of file1 with line 'j' of file 2

Hi All, As mentioned in the title I have two text files and I would like to replace line number 5 of file #1 with line number 4 of file #2 e.g. file 1 wqwert 4.4464002 3 319 286 369 46.320002 56.150002 45.100002 1 1 1 0.723 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a line in a file using sed

I have a file which has a list in it pop triangle people slow fast What I want to do is search this list and replace people with humans do the list looks like this: pop triangle human slow fast I think i use something like this.... if cat /list.txt | grep -q 'people' ; then (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a line in a file

Hi all, I need to replace a line export TZ=xxxxxxxx with the line export TZ=$1 Now, "xxxxxxxx" in the above line is some unknown string and $1 is a parameter. I want the content of $1 to be replaced with "xxxxxxxx". Kindly help me how to do this in the shell scripting. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeeps2610
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk for replacing line feed

Hello all, I have data like "1"|"My_name"|"My_Email"|"My_Last"|My_other" "2"|"My_name"|"My_Email"|"My_Last"|My_other" "3"|"My_name"|"My_Email"|" "|My_other" "1"|"My_name"|"My_Email"|"My_Last"|My_other" Need output like "1"|"My_name"|"My_Email"|"My_Last"|My_other"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokaish23
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing lines matching a multi-line pattern (sed/perl/awk)

Dear Unix Forums, I am hoping you can help me with a pattern matching problem. What am I trying to do? I want to replace multiple lines of a text file (that match a multi-line pattern) with a single line of text. These patterns can span several lines and do not always have the same number of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thefang
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing multiple line patterns with awk

Hi forum, Can you please help me understand how to look for and replace the below pattern (containing line breaks) and return a new result? Rules: Must match the 3 line pattern and return a 1 line result. I have found solutions with sed, but it seems that sed installed in my system is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk command not replacing in first line

As per requirement if column 2 is NULL then 'N' ELSE 'Y'. I have written below awk code. But it is not replacing values for first line. :confused: cat temp.txt 1|abc|3 1||4 1|11|c awk -F'|' '{if($2==""){$2="N"}else{$2="Y"} print $0 } {OFS="|"} ' < temp.txt 1 Y 3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed to repeat every character on same position from the upper line replacing whitespace

Hello is it possible with awk or sed to replace any white space with the previous line characters in the same position? I am asking this because the file I have doesn't always follow a pattern. For example the file I have is the result of a command to obtain windows ACLs: icacls C:\ /t... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakaedu
5 Replies
RDUP-UP(1)							       rdup								RDUP-UP(1)

NAME
rdup-up - update a directory tree with a rdup archive SYNOPSIS
rdup-up [OPTION]... DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
With rdup-up you can update an (possibly) existing directory structure with a rdup archive. The rdup archive has to be given to rdup-up's standard input. Username and uids rdup outputs both the username and uid, the receiving system (which may be a totally different system) checks if the username and uid match. If the username and uid don't match the (numeric) uid is used on the file. The same holds true for the groupname and gid. OPTIONS
-n Do a dry-run and do not create anything on disk. -t Create DIRECTORY (ala mkdir -p) if it does not exist. -s N Strip N path components from a pathname. If the resulting pathname is empty after this operation it is skipped. Be careful however with the following structure: /foo /foo/bar /foo/bar/bla.txt /foo/blork/bla.txt With rdup-up -s2 this will leave: <empty> <empty> /bla.txt /bla.txt And the last 'bla.txt' will overwrite the previous one, this will happen without warnings. -r PATH This option is related to the -s option, but works different. The string PATH is removed from (the beginning of) each pathname. With -r /home/backup the pathname /home/backup/bin/mycmd becomes /bin/mycmd. The same could be done with -s 2, but then you need to count the slashes. Note -s is always performed before -r. -v Be more verbose and echo the processed files to standard output. -vv Be even more verbose and echo processed file and the uid and gid information to standard output. -T Show a table of contents of the rdup stream received (ala tar -tf -). With -T the directory argument is optional. -T unsets any verbose (-v) options. -h A short help message. -V Show the version. EXIT CODE
rdup-up return a zero exit code on success, otherwise 1 is returned. AUTHOR
Written by Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <miek@miek.nl>. SEE ALSO
http:/www.miek.nl/projects/rdup/ is the main site of rdup. Also see rdup(1), rdup-tr(1) and rdup-backups(7). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2010 Miek Gieben. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Licensed under the GPL version 3. See the file LICENSE in the source distribution of rdup. 1.1.11 13 Dec 2008 RDUP-UP(1)