Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Web Server/Permissions issues. Post 302914145 by rdunne on Friday 22nd of August 2014 07:09:13 AM
Old 08-22-2014
can you sudo with your username? u need root access to have full control

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions issues

I'm hoping this is a pretty simple question. I have a problem were memebers of a group can't delete or overwrite a file. The box is setup several users all part of the same group. Now default umask is 002. The problem I run into is there are processes that add to, del, and over write files. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lightspd
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions Issues FTP server

Hi all, Quick question, im going to find this a bit hard to explain but ill give it a go. Basically i have an admin account on an FTP server that i want to be able to control ALL files without having to use sudo (as i need to run cron scripts to move files that are owned by a number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Wordpress & Git, urgent permissions issues, need help...

Heya, So I recently upgraded my MacBook to a solid state drive, during the re-install of Snow Leopard I chose to abandon MAMP and use the built in Apache & PHP and in doing so moved my ~/Sites to /Library/WebServer/Documents from a Time Machine backup. During this transition the permissions... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3w47m88
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

TextMate web server permissions

this could be a dumb question. i am still becoming used to usr / group permissions. permissions to place a file into XAMPP/htdocs. the problem is that when i go to place a TextMate file into XAMPP/htdocs a window comes up and states: Type your password to allow TextMate to make changes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Permissions configuration for web server

Greetings! I have a Solaris workstation that I use for web hosting. It runs SAMP and everything was working good for me until I got a need to add a couple of co-workers to help me with development. I'm trying to find some guidance for how to set up filesystem permissions so everybody would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
3 Replies
mtailrc(5)							   User Manuals 							mtailrc(5)

NAME
mtailrc - Configuration file for monkeytail DESCRIPTION
A monkeytail configuration uses Apache-style syntax to declare "groups" of files to be tailed. Best explained with an example: <group testgroup> prefix 'server2: ' sudo yes <file> filename /var/log/apache2/access.log prefix 'server1: ' host server1.example.com </file> <file> filename /var/log/apache2/access.log host server2.example.com sudo no </file> </group> OPTIONS
All options can be either put inside a group or file block. Options inside a file block override those in the group block. filename filename filename defines the filename for this block. host remote-host (optional) host defines that this block's file is to be tailed on a remote server. sudo yes|no|1|0 sudo is a boolean specifying whether this file should be tailed as root. This option is supported for both local and remote files (in both cases you will potentially be prompted for your password). prefix "string: " prefix allows you to specify a short string that will be prepended to every line that is displayed for that given file. FILES
~/.mtailrc - user specific monkeytail config SEE ALSO
mtail(1), tail(1) AUTHOR
Martyn Smith <martyn@dollyfish.net.nz> mtail May 2008 mtailrc(5)