Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Execute script on the fly
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute script on the fly Post 302914109 by Hypesslearner on Friday 22nd of August 2014 02:39:37 AM
Old 08-22-2014
How do we do ? Any sample script you have ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename files on the fly

Hi everyone, I am sort of new to shell scripting, I have a bunch of files that begin with 'blah' and I want to rename those files with something different (renamedFile1, renamedFile2, renamedFileN). I don't want to go through each file and rename them with the mv command. Could I just use a for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcor
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv and compress on the fly

I want to move and compress a big export file. Like mv file_exp /filesystem/file_exp |compress The file system is too small to compress and move with 2 steps. What is the best command for me. I'm running solaris. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simquest
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script execute or no execute

o hola.. Tengo un script que se ejecuta bajo una tarea del CronJOb del unix, tengo la version 11 de unix, mi script tiene un ciclo que lee unos archivos .txt luego cada uno de esos archivos debe pasar por un procedimiento almacenado el cual lo tengo almacenado en mi base de datos oracle 10g,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kespinoza97
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to burn DVD on the fly?

Hi folks, One DVD Writer installed on PC To duplicate Data DVD or DVD Installer I run following steps; 1) $ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso bs=2048 to create an ISO image 2) Remove the DVD disc on the tray and insert a blank DVD disc for burning. Then run; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Disable IPMP on the fly

Wats would be the best way to disable link based IPMP on the fly without loosing network connectivity ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

The Only Way To Fly !

This is great! Lqh8e2KYIrU (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

7. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Compress dbexport on the fly

Hi, I have an old HPUX 10.20 server running Informix 7.23 I need to dump the database to get it off that hardware before it dies. Unfortunately there is insufficient local diskspace to do so. I have set up a linux box with sufficient disk onto which I can export the database. Having... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fella
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to accept user input on the fly

I want a shell script that accepts user input simultaneously when performing other tasks. Example: A shell script should echo some messages on the console and when the user presses some keys it should respond to that action. say, when user presses the key A - more information should be printed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Creating An Executable On The Fly...

Hi all... Had an idea tonight which could really enhance shell scripting for me. Yes I am aware there could be difficulties but...... Creating a C script inside the shell script to do a task, (a simple text print to stdout in this example), compiling it on the fly, making sure it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
ipsec_config_batch(1M)													    ipsec_config_batch(1M)

NAME
ipsec_config_batch - allow for processing of IPsec config operations in a single batch file SYNOPSIS
batch_file_name profile_file] DESCRIPTION
The command allows you to specify multiple and operations in a single batch file for processing. HP-UX IPSec processes the operations in a batch file as a group. This mode is useful if you are adding or deleting configuration records that may affect other records. If one operation is invalid, all operations in the batch file fail. The utility first verifies each operation in the batch file for syntax errors and collisions (object names and priority values) with existing entries in the configuration database. If all operations in the batch file are valid, the HP-UX IPSec infrastructure updates the configuration database with all operations at the same time. If HP-UX IPSec is active and running, the HP-UX IPSec infrastructure also updates the runtime policy database. Options and Operands The batch operation recognizes the following options and operands: batch_file_name The name of the batch file containing and operations. A batch file cannot contain operations that operate on the following objects: For example, the operation is illegal in a batch file. In addition, a batch file cannot contain the following commands: o does not allow recursive batch files) or commands. o o Lines starting with a pound sign are interpreted as comments. Comment lines within an operation are not allowed. Maximum length: 1023 characters. Default: None. The utility verifies the and operations, but does not add or delete entries in the configuration database. This option applies to all operations in the batch file. Individual operations in the batch file cannot specify the option. Specifies the name of the profile file containing default argument values for this policy. The argument values are evaluated once, when the policy is added to the configuration database. Val- ues used from the profile file become part of the configuration record for the policy. This argument applies to all operations in the batch file. Individual operations in the batch file cannot specify the profile argument. Maximum length: 1023 characters. Default: EXAMPLES
The file contains the following entries: AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
configuration database. default profile file. SEE ALSO
ipsec_admin(1M), ipsec_config(1M), ipsec_config_add(1M), ipsec_config_delete(1M), ipsec_config_export(1M), ipsec_config_show(1M), ipsec_migrate(1M), ipsec_policy(1M), ipsec_report(1M). HP-UX IPSec Software Required ipsec_config_batch(1M)