Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Execute script on the fly
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute script on the fly Post 302914105 by SriniShoo on Friday 22nd of August 2014 01:57:50 AM
Old 08-22-2014
Yes, we can

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename files on the fly

Hi everyone, I am sort of new to shell scripting, I have a bunch of files that begin with 'blah' and I want to rename those files with something different (renamedFile1, renamedFile2, renamedFileN). I don't want to go through each file and rename them with the mv command. Could I just use a for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcor
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv and compress on the fly

I want to move and compress a big export file. Like mv file_exp /filesystem/file_exp |compress The file system is too small to compress and move with 2 steps. What is the best command for me. I'm running solaris. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simquest
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script execute or no execute

o hola.. Tengo un script que se ejecuta bajo una tarea del CronJOb del unix, tengo la version 11 de unix, mi script tiene un ciclo que lee unos archivos .txt luego cada uno de esos archivos debe pasar por un procedimiento almacenado el cual lo tengo almacenado en mi base de datos oracle 10g,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kespinoza97
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to burn DVD on the fly?

Hi folks, One DVD Writer installed on PC To duplicate Data DVD or DVD Installer I run following steps; 1) $ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso bs=2048 to create an ISO image 2) Remove the DVD disc on the tray and insert a blank DVD disc for burning. Then run; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Disable IPMP on the fly

Wats would be the best way to disable link based IPMP on the fly without loosing network connectivity ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

The Only Way To Fly !

This is great! Lqh8e2KYIrU (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

7. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Compress dbexport on the fly

Hi, I have an old HPUX 10.20 server running Informix 7.23 I need to dump the database to get it off that hardware before it dies. Unfortunately there is insufficient local diskspace to do so. I have set up a linux box with sufficient disk onto which I can export the database. Having... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fella
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to accept user input on the fly

I want a shell script that accepts user input simultaneously when performing other tasks. Example: A shell script should echo some messages on the console and when the user presses some keys it should respond to that action. say, when user presses the key A - more information should be printed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Creating An Executable On The Fly...

Hi all... Had an idea tonight which could really enhance shell scripting for me. Yes I am aware there could be difficulties but...... Creating a C script inside the shell script to do a task, (a simple text print to stdout in this example), compiling it on the fly, making sure it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
fizsh(1)							       fizsh								  fizsh(1)

NAME
fizsh - friendly interactive zshell. SYNOPSIS
fizsh [OPTIONS]... [ARGUMENTS]... DESCRIPTION
Fizsh is a front end to zsh. Fizsh provides zsh with interactive syntax-highlighting and a MATLAB-like history-search. Fizsh is intended to look and feel similar to fish. A distinguishing feature is that fizsh can handle Bourne compatible syntax. This is because fizsh is a front end to zsh. Fish uses its own syntax. CONFIGURATION
$HOME/.fizsh is the directory where fizsh keeps its configuration files. The file $HOME/.fizsh/.fizshrc serves as the user's local startup script. Local customizations, such as aliases and functions, can be added here. $HOME/.fizsh/.fizshrc allows the same syntax as $HOME/.zshrc under zsh. $HOME/.fizsh/.fizsh_history is default name of fizsh's history file. The other files in $HOME/.fizsh are installed by /usr/bin/fizsh. In order to reinstall these files use: /usr/bin/fizsh -r or /usr/bin/fizsh --reinstall. Compared to the default configuration of zsh, fizsh additionally sets the options "histignorealldups", "histignorespace", "histreduceblanks", "incappendhistory", "interactivecomments", "promptsubst", "correct" and "nobeep". For further configuration details consult zsh's man pages. INVOCATION
Fizsh is meant to be invoked without options and without command-line arguments. The only supported command-line options are "--version", "--help", "--login", "--reinstall", "-v", "-h", "-l" and "-r". "--version" or "-v" yields fizsh's version number. "--help" or "-h" causes fizsh to print brief usage information. "--login" or "-l" cause fizsh to be a login shell. "--reinstall" or "-r" will reinstall some of fizsh's configuration files (see above). If invoked with other command-line options and/or arguments fizsh will silently revert to zsh. BUGS
There are no known bugs at the moment. Bug reports, bug fixes and other comments are welcome. NOTES
MATLAB is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc. AUTHOR
Written by Guido van Steen, based on work by the "zsh-syntax-highlighting contributors" and the contributors to "zsh-history-substring- search". SEE ALSO
zsh(1) fish(1) Version 1.0.2 9 Aug 2011 fizsh(1)