Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script - cygwin (powershell?) pull from GitHub API Parse JSON Post 302914065 by ChocoTaco on Thursday 21st of August 2014 04:07:43 PM
Old 08-21-2014
Scrutinizer, thank you for the suggestion. That worked although i ran into some other issues after the fact. Long story - in the end i broke down and had the IT guys bring me an old PC destined for the recycle bin and I installed CentOS 6.5 on it so we can do this the right way Smilie . Now i'm running into another issue and i'm not sure what what may be wrong here: Original code block -

Code:
#!/bin/bash
IFS_bak=$IFS
IFS=$'\r\n'
uid='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
GH_OAUTH='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
curl -i --silent https://api.github.com:443/orgs/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/repos?access_token=$GH_OAUTH
for RepoLine in `curl --silent https://api.github.com:443/orgs/xxxxxxxxxxx/repos?access_token=$GH_OAUTH | _
  jsawk -n 'out(this.name)'`
do 
   RepoName=$(echo $RepoLine | awk -F" : " '{ print $1 }')
curl -i --silent https://api.github.com/repos/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/$RepoName/teams?access_token=$GH_OAUTH

Getting an error in terminal"

"Line 12: Syntax error: Unexpected End of File. "

Seems like something simple, any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use cygwin to run bash script

Hi, all, I try to run a quite simple bash script mytest.sh in cygwin, it's content is: #!/bin/bash echo "It is my first bash shell" there are three lines in the script. The second line is blank line. When I run it use command: bash c:/mytest.sh, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell / bash / script api ?

Hi is there a good dokumentation for shell scripting ? like the api in java ? didnt find a good one yet (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Turrican
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GitHub documentation :: GitHub for dummies

Hi I wish to "develop" for brew. It is hosted on GitHub. What book (or online documentation) do you recommend me for GitHub and/or Git? Prefer small physical book. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start powershell with shebang from windows/cygwin/bash?

I would like to the the windws8/cygwin/bash shebang feature to start a powershell script. I do a "chmod +x set-sound.ps1" and then at a bash prompt I do ./set-sound.ps1 The first line of ./set-sound.ps1 #!powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted The result is the result: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable in a BASH script by using a JSON file online?

Hello, I would like to modify an existing script of mine that uses a manually defined "MCVERSION" variable and make it define that variable instead based on this JSON file stored online: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/versions.json Within that JSON, I 'm looking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to pull ipa server name on 500 servers

Hello All, I need help writing a bash script that will run on 500 LINUX servers and do the following: 1. Capture the ipa_server name from /etc/sssd/sssd.conf on a list of 500 servers in the ipahosts file. 2. Write to a file outputing only server name and IPA server name. Root ssh keys... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtowntechy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and Editing a json file with bash script

I am trying to automate editing of a json file using bash script. The file I initially receive is { "appMap": { "URL1": { "name": "a" }, "URL2": { "name": "b" }, "URL3": { "name": "c" }, } WHat I would like to do is replace... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running Powershell Script from Linux through Cygwin

Hello Experts, I am creating a run time powershell script on Linux machine and copying that powershell script to Windows machine. To connect to windows through "ssh", I am using Cygwin tool. To make the connection password less I copied my public in authorized_keys in windows Administrator... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building JSON command with bash script

Hello. I'm new to bash script and I'm learning the basics by writing some scripts. Recently a friend of mine asked me if I could try to write a script to him to automate a couple of processes that uses JSON RPCs. I'll try to explain in few words the workflow just to contextualize the problem.... (48 Replies)
Discussion started by: psysc0rpi0n
48 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Parse property from json file

Hello All, Greetings.. I have a json file that I need to pase its URLs and other values. The match should start with "notifications" and output URLs and settings values. I tried with python or awk but hardly could get URLs only. Or whole URLs from full json file. Could not match... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7adi
2 Replies
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					 CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER - verify the peer's SSL certificate SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, long verify); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long as parameter to enable or disable. This option determines whether curl verifies the authenticity of the peer's certificate. A value of 1 means curl verifies; 0 (zero) means it doesn't. When negotiating a TLS or SSL connection, the server sends a certificate indicating its identity. Curl verifies whether the certificate is authentic, i.e. that you can trust that the server is who the certificate says it is. This trust is based on a chain of digital signa- tures, rooted in certification authority (CA) certificates you supply. curl uses a default bundle of CA certificates (the path for that is determined at build time) and you can specify alternate certificates with the CURLOPT_CAINFO(3) option or the CURLOPT_CAPATH(3) option. When CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3) is enabled, and the verification fails to prove that the certificate is authentic, the connection fails. When the option is zero, the peer certificate verification succeeds regardless. Authenticating the certificate is not enough to be sure about the server. You typically also want to ensure that the server is the server you mean to be talking to. Use CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST(3) for that. The check that the host name in the certificate is valid for the host name you're connecting to is done independently of the CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3) option. WARNING: disabling verification of the certificate allows bad guys to man-in-the-middle the communication without you knowing it. Disabling verification makes the communication insecure. Just having encryption on a transfer is not enough as you cannot be sure that you are commu- nicating with the correct end-point. DEFAULT
By default, curl assumes a value of 1. PROTOCOLS
All TLS based protocols: HTTPS, FTPS, IMAPS, POP3S, SMTPS etc. EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "https://example.com"); /* Set the default value: strict certificate check please */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 1L); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
If built TLS enabled. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST(3), CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3), CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYHOST(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 09, 2017 CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3)