Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Editing HTML with FTP access
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Editing HTML with FTP access Post 302914032 by Corona688 on Thursday 21st of August 2014 12:25:39 PM
Old 08-21-2014
Split from This Thread.

Please use code tags for code, [code] stuff [/code]
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP user access

I created a user which I would like to have access only to FTP. I am able to get FTP to the machine with that user, but I only want him to have access to two directories, and no shell access. How can I accomplish this? Thanx, Aaron (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access shell scripts from HTML page

Hi, I need (have been asked/order/instructed) to migrate the access of a number of ksh scripts into a html/web page environment. Currently access is with the user logging onto a unix box and accessing the scripts that way. The users are not unix people so I have restricted the access solely to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Access

How to restrict ftp user to move to the parent directory of his home directory. Any suggestions will be appreciated. O.S Sun solaris Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehgalniraj
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

which access right should set in my webpage index.html ?

I have a webpage, http://my.dns.com/~zp523/index.html, I want all people to have read and execute privileges. I want to extend it with execute privilege. Which command should be used in chmod? is it only give read(r) & execute(x) parameter in 'chmod ??? index.html' thk a lot!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zp523444
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP access

Folks; I'm working on building ACL for our Solaris 10 box. I'm going to use LDAP for authentication. We have a mounted drive on that server & users would like to be able to write to it. We need to restrict the write access to that mounted drive on the box to be only through FTP, so if they... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
13 Replies

6. AIX

ftp access without shell access

Hi all, I'm using AIX v 5.3 I want to create system users to access through ftp or sftp and restrict those users into specific directory and don't traverse the whole file system just to be restricted within a directory and don't get shell access . i don't want to use any other third party... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
7 Replies

7. Programming

Minor editing of mass HTML files

Hello, I'm manipulating a batch of about 2,000 HTML files. I just need to make some small changes, but to all the files at once. For example, I want to delete the lines that have "embed_music" in all the files, or change all instances of the word "Paragraph" to "Absatz". This is my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing single line in html file in perl script

Hi Folks, It is regarding the perl scripting. I have an html file(many files) which contains the below line in the body tag. <body> <P><STRONG><FONT face="comic sans ms,cursive,sans-serif"><EM>Hello</EM></FONT></STRONG></P> </body> Now I want to read that html file through perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

9. Debian

Help request. FTP user to var/www/html

Hi all. I appologise this is my first post, I will gladly have a further look around to see if this has been posted elsewhere, but so far it has not, or it doesnt quite explain in full what I need. If anyone here can help me out, I would really appreciate this. I want to make sure I do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pinkfloyd
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing path in a HTML file using Perl

Hello I want to replace the path to which a hyperlink points to. I have a html file <TABLE BORDER CELLPADDING=7, border=0><TR><td>Jun-10-2013_03_19_07_AM</td><td>Ank_Insert_1</td><td><b>FAILED: 1</b></td><td><A ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
14 Replies
HTML::Filter(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   HTML::Filter(3)

NAME
HTML::Filter - Filter HTML text through the parser NOTE
This module is deprecated. The "HTML::Parser" now provides the functionally of "HTML::Filter" much more efficiently with the the "default" handler. SYNOPSIS
require HTML::Filter; $p = HTML::Filter->new->parse_file("index.html"); DESCRIPTION
"HTML::Filter" is an HTML parser that by default prints the original text of each HTML element (a slow version of cat(1) basically). The callback methods may be overridden to modify the filtering for some HTML elements and you can override output() method which is called to print the HTML text. "HTML::Filter" is a subclass of "HTML::Parser". This means that the document should be given to the parser by calling the $p->parse() or $p->parse_file() methods. EXAMPLES
The first example is a filter that will remove all comments from an HTML file. This is achieved by simply overriding the comment method to do nothing. package CommentStripper; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub comment { } # ignore comments The second example shows a filter that will remove any <TABLE>s found in the HTML file. We specialize the start() and end() methods to count table tags and then make output not happen when inside a table. package TableStripper; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub start { my $self = shift; $self->{table_seen}++ if $_[0] eq "table"; $self->SUPER::start(@_); } sub end { my $self = shift; $self->SUPER::end(@_); $self->{table_seen}-- if $_[0] eq "table"; } sub output { my $self = shift; unless ($self->{table_seen}) { $self->SUPER::output(@_); } } If you want to collect the parsed text internally you might want to do something like this: package FilterIntoString; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub output { push(@{$_[0]->{fhtml}}, $_[1]) } sub filtered_html { join("", @{$_[0]->{fhtml}}) } SEE ALSO
HTML::Parser COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1997-1999 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-25 HTML::Filter(3)