Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script - cygwin (powershell?) pull from GitHub API Parse JSON Post 302913955 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 21st of August 2014 02:34:14 AM
Old 08-21-2014
A bit of a hack, but without jsawk, you might try and get away with something like:
Code:
awk -F\" '$2==s{print $(NF-1)}' s=name

It may be enough for your application..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use cygwin to run bash script

Hi, all, I try to run a quite simple bash script mytest.sh in cygwin, it's content is: #!/bin/bash echo "It is my first bash shell" there are three lines in the script. The second line is blank line. When I run it use command: bash c:/mytest.sh, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell / bash / script api ?

Hi is there a good dokumentation for shell scripting ? like the api in java ? didnt find a good one yet (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Turrican
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GitHub documentation :: GitHub for dummies

Hi I wish to "develop" for brew. It is hosted on GitHub. What book (or online documentation) do you recommend me for GitHub and/or Git? Prefer small physical book. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start powershell with shebang from windows/cygwin/bash?

I would like to the the windws8/cygwin/bash shebang feature to start a powershell script. I do a "chmod +x set-sound.ps1" and then at a bash prompt I do ./set-sound.ps1 The first line of ./set-sound.ps1 #!powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted The result is the result: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable in a BASH script by using a JSON file online?

Hello, I would like to modify an existing script of mine that uses a manually defined "MCVERSION" variable and make it define that variable instead based on this JSON file stored online: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/versions.json Within that JSON, I 'm looking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to pull ipa server name on 500 servers

Hello All, I need help writing a bash script that will run on 500 LINUX servers and do the following: 1. Capture the ipa_server name from /etc/sssd/sssd.conf on a list of 500 servers in the ipahosts file. 2. Write to a file outputing only server name and IPA server name. Root ssh keys... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtowntechy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and Editing a json file with bash script

I am trying to automate editing of a json file using bash script. The file I initially receive is { "appMap": { "URL1": { "name": "a" }, "URL2": { "name": "b" }, "URL3": { "name": "c" }, } WHat I would like to do is replace... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running Powershell Script from Linux through Cygwin

Hello Experts, I am creating a run time powershell script on Linux machine and copying that powershell script to Windows machine. To connect to windows through "ssh", I am using Cygwin tool. To make the connection password less I copied my public in authorized_keys in windows Administrator... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building JSON command with bash script

Hello. I'm new to bash script and I'm learning the basics by writing some scripts. Recently a friend of mine asked me if I could try to write a script to him to automate a couple of processes that uses JSON RPCs. I'll try to explain in few words the workflow just to contextualize the problem.... (48 Replies)
Discussion started by: psysc0rpi0n
48 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Parse property from json file

Hello All, Greetings.. I have a json file that I need to pase its URLs and other values. The match should start with "notifications" and output URLs and settings values. I tried with python or awk but hardly could get URLs only. Or whole URLs from full json file. Could not match... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7adi
2 Replies
Net::GitHub(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Net::GitHub(3pm)

NAME
Net::GitHub - Perl Interface for github.com SYNOPSIS
use Net::GitHub; # default to v3 my $github = Net::GitHub->new( # Net::GitHub::V3 login => 'fayland', pass => 'secret' ); # suggested # use OAuth to create token with user/pass my $github = Net::GitHub->new( # Net::GitHub::V3 access_token => $token ); # for backwards, NOTE: Github will terminate API v1 and API v2 in 1 month on May 1st, 2012 my $github = Net::GitHub->new( version => 2, owner => 'fayland', name => 'perl-net-github' ); # for V3 # L<Net::GitHub::V3::Users> my $user = $github->user->show('nothingmuch'); $github->user->update( bio => 'Just Another Perl Programmer' ); # L<Net::GitHub::V3::Repos> my @repos = $github->repos->list; my $rp = $github->repos->create( { "name" => "Hello-World", "description" => "This is your first repo", "homepage" => "https://github.com" } ); DESCRIPTION
<http://github.com> is a popular git host. This distribution provides easy methods to access GitHub via their APIs. Check <http://developer.github.com/> for more details of the GitHub APIs. Read Net::GitHub::V3 for API usage. If you prefer object oriented way, Pithub is 'There is more than one way to do it'. FAQ o create access_token for Non-Web Application my $gh = Net::GitHub::V3->new( login => 'fayland', pass => 'secret' ); my $oauth = $gh->oauth; my $o = $oauth->create_authorization( { scopes => ['user', 'public_repo', 'repo', 'gist'], # just ['public_repo'] note => 'test purpose', } ); print $o->{token}; after create the token, you can use it without your password publicly written my $github = Net::GitHub->new( access_token => $token, # from above ); Git http://github.com/fayland/perl-net-github/ <http://github.com/fayland/perl-net-github/> SEE ALSO
Any::Moose, Pithub AUTHOR
Fayland Lam, "<fayland at gmail.com>" Everyone who is listed in Changes. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-2012 Fayland Lam all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Net::GitHub(3pm)