Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace Special Character With Next Present Byte Post 302913822 by dineshnak on Wednesday 20th of August 2014 05:53:34 AM
Old 08-20-2014
Hi,

Thanks for you reply.
Could you please explain the process how to deal this in a file as multiple occurrence. eg:
Code:
IBM513AMMODú07 ibmyx66mcp00ú06 302619ú1A 00005014072605331600ú0A 980ú32 201407260533160ú14

Thanks,
Dines

Last edited by rbatte1; 08-20-2014 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed special character replace

I need to do the following: text in the format of: ADDRESS=abcd123:1111 - abcd123:1111 is different on every system. replace with: ADDRESS=localhost:2222 sed 's/ADDRESS=<What do I use here?>/ADDRESS=localhost:2222/g' Everything I've tried ends up with: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace the special character with another using SED

I have the replace the pattern in the file , ); to ); Could someone please help me to get this command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan.bit
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cutting long text by special char around 100 byte and newline

Regard, How can i cut the text by special char(|) around 100 byte and write the other of the text at newline using Perl. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace with a special character in String

Hi, I am beginner to Shell Scripting. I have a String like this "testabcdef", i need the first character as it is and the remaining character should be replaced by the the '*' character. e.g(t***********) PLZ Suggest me. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace /n with special character

I would like to replace /n with ',' and after replace remove last semicolon then put a open brace in starting and closing brace in end of line. See below example: input: 1234 3455 24334 234 output: ('1234,'3455',24334','234') Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace special character using sed?

How can I replace the follong text including to number 7000? cat tmp0.txt Winston (UK) Wong I would the 7000 to replace Winston (UK) Wong. I fail with method below: sed ' s /Winston\(UK\)Wong/7000 tmp0.txt' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find and replace till nth occurence of a special character

Hi, I have a requirement to search for a pattern in each line in a file and remove the in between words till the 3rd occurrence of double quote ("). Ex: CREATE TABLE "SCHEMANAME"."AMS_LTV_STATUS" (Note: "SCHEMANAME" may changes for different schemas. Its not a fixed value) I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing a special line and Byte in a random file

Hello I created 3 files by: dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=1000000 of=./testfile1 dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=5000000 of=./testfile2 dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=10000000 of=./testfile3 Now I want to know how to make a change in a specific byte and/or line of theses files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhling
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with backslash and character

Hi, I have a string wherein i need to replace special characters with backslash and that character. Ex: If my string is a=qwerty123@!, then the new string should be a_new=qwerty123\@\!\, Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: temp_user
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Merry Xmas (special present inside)

A Merry Xmas to all of you. And, as a special present to vbe (he knows why) a little exercise: #! /bin/ksh pPrintSnow () { typeset -i iLen=$1 while (( iLen )) ; do if ! (( RANDOM % 31 )) ; then printf "%1s" "." else printf "%1s" " " fi ((... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
0 Replies
MAPSCRN(8)                                                     International Support                                                    MAPSCRN(8)

NAME
mapscrn - load screen output mapping table SYNOPSIS
mapscrn [-V] [-v] [-o map.orig] mapfile DESCRIPTION
The mapscrn command is obsolete - its function is now built-in into setfont. However, for backwards compatibility it is still available as a separate command. The mapscrn command loads a user defined output character mapping table into the console driver. The console driver may be later put into use user-defined mapping table mode by outputting a special escape sequence to the console device. This sequence is <esc>(K for the G0 character set and <esc>)K for the G1 character set. When the -o option is given, the old map is saved in map.orig. USE
There are two kinds of mapping tables: direct-to-font tables, that give a font position for each user byte value, and user-to-unicode tables that give a unicode value for each user byte. The corresponding glyph is now found using the unicode index of the font. The command mapscrn trivial sets up a one-to-one direct-to-font table where user bytes directly address the font. This is useful for fonts that are in the same order as the character set one uses. A command like mapscrn 8859-2 sets up a user-to-unicode table that assumes that the user uses ISO 8859-2. INPUT FORMAT
The mapscrn command can read the map in either of two formats: 1. 256 or 512 bytes binary data 2. two-column text file Format (1) is a direct image of the translation table. The 256-bytes tables are direct-to-font, the 512-bytes tables are user-to-unicode tables. Format (2) is used to fill the table as follows: cell with offset mentioned in the first column is filled with the value mentioned in the second column. When values larger than 255 occur, or values are written using the U+xxxx notation, the table is assumed to be a user-to-unicode table, otherwise it is a direct-to-font table. Values in the file may be specified in one of several formats: 1. Decimal: String of decimal digits not starting with '0' 2. Octal: String of octal digits beginning with '0'. 3. Hexadecimal: String of hexadecimal digits preceded by "0x". 4. Unicode: String of four hexadecimal digits preceded by "U+". 5. Character: Single character enclosed in single quotes. (And the binary value is used.) Note that blank, comma, tab character and '#' cannot be specified with this format. 6. UTF-8 Character: Single (possibly multi-byte) UTF-8 character, enclosed in single quotes. Note that control characters (with codes < 32) cannot be re-mapped with mapscrn because they have special meaning for the driver. OTHER OPTIONS
-V Prints version number and exits. -v Be verbose. FILES
/usr/share/consoletrans is the default directory for screen mappings. SEE ALSO
setfont(8) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1993 Eugene G. Crosser <crosser@pccross.msk.su> This software and documentation may be distributed freely. Local 20 March 1993 MAPSCRN(8)