Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace Special Character With Next Present Byte Post 302913820 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 20th of August 2014 05:35:21 AM
Old 08-20-2014
You're running an older version of Perl try the following:
Code:
$ perl -Mutf8 -e '$value="302619ú1A?";$value=~s/[^A-Za-z\s\d]([\da-fA-F]{2})(.)/sprintf("   %s", $2 x hex($1))/e; print "$value\n";' -
302619   ??????????????????????????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed special character replace

I need to do the following: text in the format of: ADDRESS=abcd123:1111 - abcd123:1111 is different on every system. replace with: ADDRESS=localhost:2222 sed 's/ADDRESS=<What do I use here?>/ADDRESS=localhost:2222/g' Everything I've tried ends up with: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace the special character with another using SED

I have the replace the pattern in the file , ); to ); Could someone please help me to get this command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan.bit
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cutting long text by special char around 100 byte and newline

Regard, How can i cut the text by special char(|) around 100 byte and write the other of the text at newline using Perl. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace with a special character in String

Hi, I am beginner to Shell Scripting. I have a String like this "testabcdef", i need the first character as it is and the remaining character should be replaced by the the '*' character. e.g(t***********) PLZ Suggest me. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace /n with special character

I would like to replace /n with ',' and after replace remove last semicolon then put a open brace in starting and closing brace in end of line. See below example: input: 1234 3455 24334 234 output: ('1234,'3455',24334','234') Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace special character using sed?

How can I replace the follong text including to number 7000? cat tmp0.txt Winston (UK) Wong I would the 7000 to replace Winston (UK) Wong. I fail with method below: sed ' s /Winston\(UK\)Wong/7000 tmp0.txt' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find and replace till nth occurence of a special character

Hi, I have a requirement to search for a pattern in each line in a file and remove the in between words till the 3rd occurrence of double quote ("). Ex: CREATE TABLE "SCHEMANAME"."AMS_LTV_STATUS" (Note: "SCHEMANAME" may changes for different schemas. Its not a fixed value) I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing a special line and Byte in a random file

Hello I created 3 files by: dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=1000000 of=./testfile1 dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=5000000 of=./testfile2 dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=10000000 of=./testfile3 Now I want to know how to make a change in a specific byte and/or line of theses files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhling
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with backslash and character

Hi, I have a string wherein i need to replace special characters with backslash and that character. Ex: If my string is a=qwerty123@!, then the new string should be a_new=qwerty123\@\!\, Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: temp_user
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Merry Xmas (special present inside)

A Merry Xmas to all of you. And, as a special present to vbe (he knows why) a little exercise: #! /bin/ksh pPrintSnow () { typeset -i iLen=$1 while (( iLen )) ; do if ! (( RANDOM % 31 )) ; then printf "%1s" "." else printf "%1s" " " fi ((... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
0 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.16.3 2014-06-17 PERLIVP(1)