Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Unique Linux ID in virtualized environment Post 302913812 by vegetablecarvin on Wednesday 20th of August 2014 04:29:34 AM
Old 08-20-2014
Thanks for this thread my problem just solved!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System environment Path in Linux

HI there people!! I'm really new with this great OS. I just installed a RedHat Linux 7.1 on my unit. Got it to work on dual boot with my Windows 2000. And I have some problem... how do i change/modify the system environment path? Thanks... and sorry for the ignorance ;) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spine_me
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set up linux environment variables?

Hi I'm using Linux, in the directory /root/my there is a.out. but when I try to run it , the shell indicate "bash:a.out: command not found" but I AM working in this directory. if I use "./a.out" , it works perfectly. can any body tell me how to do a permanent set up so that I can use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dell9
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail Receiving issue in linux Environment

we got one critical issue in job scheduling.we are migrating one application from solaris environment (Current PROD) to SUSE linux 9 environment (New or ported PROD).The application actually schedules the job by filtering the subject of the incoming mail (using PROCMAIL).Here incoming mail is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prisaras
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Dev environment for c/c++ on Fedora 10

Hello I have never used linux before and I am a bit confused as to what I am doing. I have been asked to port over some of our in house sdk to linux. Currently I am using .Net and c++. I have installed Fedora 10 on my computer and got that up and running nicely. I also installed eclipse for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morty346
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command working different in linux environment.

Hi I tried running the code scrname=`whence $0 | sed -e 's/\.\///g'` where $0 is substituted by cm_dsjobrun.sh in unix env then the value it returns me is SCRNAME=/data/ds/dpr_ebicm_uat/etl/cm3_0/scripts/shell/cm_dsjobrun.sh whereas i ran the same code on linux env The value... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

select unique values from duplicates in linux

I have values in the variable as so the for loop just fetches one by one params=$'$HEW_SRC_DATABASE_LIB\nprmAttunityUser\nprmAttunityPwd\nprmODBCDataSource\nprmLoadInd\nprmSrc_Lib_ATM\nprmODBCDataSource_ATM' and i have a grep command like this ret=`grep \$y $pf` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting a environment variable on linux

I want to set a enviroment variable VDC_DIR to a particular directory. I am doing it as export VDC_DIR=/abc it gets set but when i logout and do relogin than its not there. one way could be setting it in .profile file. but i have seen it on another box where it is not present in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unique ID on HPUX in visualized environment?

Hi I need to know what is the unique identifier for HPUX OS even in a virtualized environment? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Unique ID on Solaris in visualized environment?

Hi I need to know what is the unique identifier for solaris OS even in a virtualized environment? Will "Using Universally Unique Identifiers" help? virtinfo -u Domain UUID: 9db53f14-f27c-69f9-a71c-8926e9ae6eed If Not, then let me know? Would appreciate if similar UNIQUE id (of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach -- detach a thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when the thread terminates. If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_detach() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. Note that the function does not change the value of errno as it did for some drafts of the standard. These early drafts also passed a pointer to pthread_t as the argument. Beware! ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_detach() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
April 4, 1996 BSD