Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk throws makes too many open files Post 302913790 by Akshay Hegde on Wednesday 20th of August 2014 12:58:06 AM
Old 08-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krrishv
@Akshay,

Thank you so much . I am trying to do this in Shell. When i use the curl command and keeping firstname:"$f1" i am not getting the variable assigned properly. But when i do echo $f1 it prints be proper value. Any clue why curl is not taking the below below is my script.

Code:
!/bin/bash
IFS=","
while read f1 f2 f3 f4
do
echo "line is" :  "$f4"
        #Create user with credentials

(curl -v -H "Authorization: SSWS 00PM9livMo9jIpji"  -H "Accept: application/json"  -H "Content-Type: application/json"  -X POST "https://test.test.com/api/v1/users?activate=false"  -d  '{  "profile": { "firstName": "$f1" ,  "lastName": "$f2" ,  "email": "$f3", "login": "$f4" } }')

echo $f1 $f2 $f3 $f4

done< /Users/kn/Downloads/test1.csv
~

Problem is with single quote replace it with double quotes..

Code:
-d  "{  'profile': { 'firstName': '$f1' ,  'lastName': '$f2' ,  'email': '$f3', 'login': '$f4' } }"

Last edited by Akshay Hegde; 08-20-2014 at 02:04 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Search throws a wobbly

Dear Administrator, Rule No.5 for unregistered users is impossible to comply with because Google search thinks that any Unix command that I search for is an attack from a virus and blocks the search. I managed to find this site from an external search, and it looks really useful. Do you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ken N
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp throws error

My script is like STAMP=$(perl -e '($ss, $mm, $hh, $DD, $MM, $YY) = localtime(time() - 100); printf "%04d%02d%02d%02d%02d", $YY + 1900, $MM + 1, $DD, $hh, $mm') touch $STAMP /sasdata/copydata/ find /sasdata/copydata -type f ! -newer /sasdata/copydata/ -print > output3.txt awk '{print "scp ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script throws invalid char expression

Hello there, I am new to the awk scripting and getting the following error while running the script. Please can you advise me how to resolve this . Thanks ./sub_del_awk_lat.sh awk: cmd. line:5: warning: escape sequence `\/' treated as plain `/' awk: cmd. line:5: sed -n... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script within awk script throws error

I am getting the following error while passing parameter to a shell script called within awk script. Any idea what's causing this issue and how to ix it ? Thanks sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' sh: -c: line 0: `./billdatecalc.sh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output yields error: awk:can't open job_name (Autosys)

Good evening, Im newbie at unix specially with awk From an scheduler program called Autosys i want to extract some data reading an inputfile that comprises jobs names, then formating the output to columns for example 1. This is the inputfile: $ more MapaRep.txt ds_extra_nikira_usuarios... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk date too many open files

Dear Community; I have a csv file with msb and lsb in $3 and $5 fields which provides the epochtime (factor 65536). Further I need to convert epochtime to readable datetime. But am getting an error. File Sample: 5000a,1000,20671,0,16421,0,1,NULL,0 5000b,1000,20974,0,-16284,0,1,NULL,0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (Too many open files)

Hi Team, This is my first post, hope I am doing it right. I have a large file, like 6 GB. Its a proxy file so vendor requested to change username from logs for saving the confidentiality of the user. This is the script I created (With the help of Google): awk '{ tmp="echo " $5 " |... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tealc
12 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)