Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need a shell script to find 0 byte files in 5 servers Post 302913683 by ChandruBala73 on Tuesday 19th of August 2014 09:42:08 AM
Old 08-19-2014
Thank you so much. I'm new to this forum I haven't expected such a quick response. I will learn quickly to post messages in better way.

'Establish passwordless' is not possible for me hence I have changed my mind to write a script for all 5 servers separately.

If I use that command mentioned earlier, some zero byte files are coming which is actually not in my scope. I want took all the paths which is not in our scope and now I want a script which should connect a single IP through ssh and gives me an output of zero byte file excluding the paths not in our scope which has zero byte.

Last edited by rbatte1; 08-19-2014 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: Capitalised first person singular and emboldened command names in text.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find files

I have a directory which contains files with different kinds of extensions .everyday a file with .log gets added to it .i want to extract the file with .log extension which is created with todays date . thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_samba2005
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shell script to find zero byte files

I have a directory MYDIR In which i have several directories 1,2,3,4.... Now, In each of these directories i have several files a.dat, b.dat, c.dat, d.dat..... MYDIR ----1 ---------a.dat ---------b.dat ---------c.dat ---------d.dat ----2 ---------a.dat ---------b.dat ---------c.dat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if 2 files are identical byte-to-byte?

In my server migration requirement, I need to compare if one file on old server is exactly the same as the corresponding file on the new server. For diff and comm, the inputs need to be sorted. But I do not want to disturb the content of the file and need to find byte-to-byte match. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find files

Hi Experts, I am trying to write a shell script that should 1. Find files with name (ab030.txt,Ab030.TXT,AB030.TXT,ab030.TXT,AB030.txt) 2. If any of the above found, rename it to AB030.TXT Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script - find, recursively, all files that are duplicated

Hi. I have a problem that i can't seem to resolve. I need to create a script that list all the files, that are found recursively, with the same name. For example if a file exists in more than one directory with the same name it list all the files that he founds with all the info. Could someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KitFisto
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to take input from a text file and perform check on each servers and copy files

HI all, I want to script where all the server names will be in a text file like server1 server2 server3 . and the script should take servernames from a text file and perform copy of files if the files are not present on those servers.after which it should take next servername till the end of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph.dmello
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find filesystem capacity on 50 servers

Hi all, I am new to Unix and I want to write a shell script in a jumpbox for finding the filesystem capacity on 50 unix servers ( by ssh ) and then email the result in HTML format with server name and capacity % to a specific outlook distribution list. any suggestion would be of great help. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbisht9
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to delete files from 5 different servers

Hello, I'm new to shell scripting and need a quick note on how to write a shell script to perform deletion of files from 5 different hostnames in various locations. Found out to delete files from one path by using below command and made it to work on cron job but need to do it in a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teja G
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files from those server . HI , I have 6 multiple servers pla1,pla2,pla3,pla4,pla5,pla6 1. These six servers have common shared mount point /var/share 2. Running script from /var/share to connect these servers.I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcroyal88
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and removing the old files and zipping the files using shell script

Hi, I am trying to removing the old files which were older than 10 days and same g zipping the files using the shell script. script was return as follows. find /jboss7_homes/JBOSS7/SKYLIV??/SKYLIV??_CRM/jboss-eap-7.0/standalone/log -mtime +10 -type f | xargs rm -f find /cer_skyliv??/log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
6 Replies
SYSTEMD.SCOPE(5)						   systemd.scope						  SYSTEMD.SCOPE(5)

NAME
systemd.scope - Scope unit configuration SYNOPSIS
scope.scope DESCRIPTION
Scope units are not configured via unit configuration files, but are only created programmatically using the bus interfaces of systemd. They are named similar to filenames. A unit whose name ends in ".scope" refers to a scope unit. Scopes units manage a set of system processes. Unlike service units, scope units manage externally created processes, and do not fork off processes on its own. The main purpose of scope units is grouping worker processes of a system service for organization and for managing resources. systemd-run --scope may be used to easily launch a command in a new scope unit from the command line. See the New Control Group Interfaces[1] for an introduction on how to make use of scope units from programs. IMPLICIT DEPENDENCIES
Implicit dependencies may be added as result of resource control parameters as documented in systemd.resource-control(5). DEFAULT DEPENDENCIES
The following dependencies are added unless DefaultDependencies=no is set: o Scope units will automatically have dependencies of type Conflicts= and Before= on shutdown.target. These ensure that scope units are removed prior to system shutdown. Only scope units involved with early boot or late system shutdown should disable DefaultDependencies= option. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-run(1), systemd.unit(5), systemd.resource-control(5), systemd.service(5), systemd.directives(7). NOTES
1. New Control Group Interfaces https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ControlGroupInterface/ systemd 237 SYSTEMD.SCOPE(5)