Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to remove directories names 1 2 3 ... Post 302913661 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 19th of August 2014 06:21:51 AM
Old 08-19-2014
Blade

Hello,

Following may help. But please test it once in a QA environment first.

Code:
for i in 1 2 3 .. 10
do
    rm -rf $i
    if [[ `echo $?` == 0 ]]
    then
        echo "Directory "$i " has been deleted."
    else
        echo "Directory " $i " has not been deletd."
    fi

done

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 08-19-2014 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: not sure why blade symbol is coming

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare File Names in Different Directories...

I do not know much about shell scripting and need to create a script and I am at a loss. If someone can help me, that would be great!! I have two directories: /dir1 /dir2 I need to get the sequence number which is part of the filename in /dir1 and delete all files in /dir2 that are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stky13
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove all directories and sub-directories

Please could someone advise me the unix command to remove all directories and sub-directories with files within the directory structures. Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces between file names

Hi All, I have spaces in between file names. "Material Header.txt" "Customer Header.txt" "Vendor Header.txt" And how can I remove spaces between file names like below MaterialHeader.txt CustomerHeader.txt VendorHeader.txt Thanks Srimitta (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating named directories from a list of names

Hi There, I'm a competent computer user that is learning basic unix commands. This is a slightly hypothetical question (for now at least!) but I can see a need for doing something like this in the near future. So I recently learned this command mkdir foo{1..100} which of course create's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookslikejames
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract function names and directories from php files

I need a script that extracts function names from php files together with their location (path and file in which they are defined). The php files are located in several directories under a base directory. Ideally the output should be something like: "Path/FileName/FunctionName" for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bamse
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

**URGENT ** : Comparing the pattern of the file names in 2 different directories

Hi, I have got a requirement for which i need your help. The following problem is required to get solved in PERL SCRIPT. Here is the requirement. There are 4 folders say SRC_DIR1, SRC_DIR2 and TGT_DIR_1,TGT_DIR_2 (Note: both path of SRC_DIR1 & SRC_DIR2 are different but both path of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadow_fawkes
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the pattern of the file names in 2 different directories

Hi, I have got a requirement for which i need your help. The following problem is required to get solved in PERL SCRIPT. Here is the requirement. There are 4 folders say SRC_DIR1, SRC_DIR2 and TGT_DIR_1,TGT_DIR_2 (Note: both path of SRC_DIR1 & SRC_DIR2 are different but both path of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow_fawkes
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files with different names in different directories

Hi, I have a requirement to compare files in different directories with different names. The files have a datestamp in their name (It might not be a sequential datetimestamp). This is for Redhat Linux. I have more than 5 directories and more than 10 file in each directory to be compared. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GosarJunk
4 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Urgent : please remove the names from the post

Hi Sir, There is an escalation going on this and could you please remove the words from the following link . this is really critical. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/196647-remove-headings.html please remove following terms fiappl17dev fiappl18dev ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove dates from file names

Hi, I'm using a shell script. I have extracted current date files to a directory1 and the date should be removed on both sides of a CSV file. FYI... I'm looking to remove the date from the file name and not inside the CSV file. Directory1 2017-07-12_gmr_tag_log_20170711.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamayam
0 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)