Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk throws makes too many open files Post 302913634 by Krrishv on Tuesday 19th of August 2014 09:18:13 PM
Old 08-19-2014
@Scrutinizer
The above script is working fine. It does the job of executing my input file, I only have the error "makes too many open files"

---------- Post updated 08-20-14 at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous update was 08-19-14 at 12:50 PM ----------

Hi,

Appreciate some response. Come on help me Guru's..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Search throws a wobbly

Dear Administrator, Rule No.5 for unregistered users is impossible to comply with because Google search thinks that any Unix command that I search for is an attack from a virus and blocks the search. I managed to find this site from an external search, and it looks really useful. Do you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ken N
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp throws error

My script is like STAMP=$(perl -e '($ss, $mm, $hh, $DD, $MM, $YY) = localtime(time() - 100); printf "%04d%02d%02d%02d%02d", $YY + 1900, $MM + 1, $DD, $hh, $mm') touch $STAMP /sasdata/copydata/ find /sasdata/copydata -type f ! -newer /sasdata/copydata/ -print > output3.txt awk '{print "scp ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script throws invalid char expression

Hello there, I am new to the awk scripting and getting the following error while running the script. Please can you advise me how to resolve this . Thanks ./sub_del_awk_lat.sh awk: cmd. line:5: warning: escape sequence `\/' treated as plain `/' awk: cmd. line:5: sed -n... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script within awk script throws error

I am getting the following error while passing parameter to a shell script called within awk script. Any idea what's causing this issue and how to ix it ? Thanks sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' sh: -c: line 0: `./billdatecalc.sh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output yields error: awk:can't open job_name (Autosys)

Good evening, Im newbie at unix specially with awk From an scheduler program called Autosys i want to extract some data reading an inputfile that comprises jobs names, then formating the output to columns for example 1. This is the inputfile: $ more MapaRep.txt ds_extra_nikira_usuarios... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk date too many open files

Dear Community; I have a csv file with msb and lsb in $3 and $5 fields which provides the epochtime (factor 65536). Further I need to convert epochtime to readable datetime. But am getting an error. File Sample: 5000a,1000,20671,0,16421,0,1,NULL,0 5000b,1000,20974,0,-16284,0,1,NULL,0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (Too many open files)

Hi Team, This is my first post, hope I am doing it right. I have a large file, like 6 GB. Its a proxy file so vendor requested to change username from logs for saving the confidentiality of the user. This is the script I created (With the help of Google): awk '{ tmp="echo " $5 " |... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tealc
12 Replies
MPI_Sizeof(3)							     Open MPI							     MPI_Sizeof(3)

NAME
MPI_Sizeof - Returns the size, in bytes, of the given type SYNTAX
Fortran Syntax INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_SIZEOF(X, SIZE, IERROR) <type> X INTEGER SIZE, IERROR INPUT PARAMETER
X A Fortran variable of numeric intrinsic type (choice). OUTPUT PARAMETERS
SIZE Size of machine representation of that type (integer). IERROR Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
MPI_SIZEOF returns the size (in bytes) of the machine representation of the given variable. It is a generic Fortran type and has a Fortran binding only. This routine is similar to the sizeof builtin in C/C++. However, if given an array argument, it returns the size of the base element, not the size of the whole array. NOTES
This function is not available in C/C++ because it is not necessary. ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job, except for I/O function errors. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. See the MPI man page for a full list of MPI error codes. 1.4.5 Feb 10, 2012 MPI_Sizeof(3)