Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash pattern matching question Post 302913618 by stormcel on Tuesday 19th of August 2014 12:58:30 AM
Old 08-19-2014
thanks!!
you guys are the best!!!

saved me SO MUCH TIME!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in BASH

i have 255 files in a directory named 000po.k thru 255po.k and I want to copy all files except 3: exclude 000po.k, 166po.k,168po.k I know the long way around it copying these files, but am looking for a shorter way of doing this: my old approach: # copy 001po.k thru 009po.k to target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoo591
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script, pattern matching + sum

Hi guys, i have been struggling to achieve the following and therefor looking for some help. I am trying to write something that will summerize the following output from my switches for daily totals. Basicly if $1 $2 $3 doesnt change, we can keep adding up $4. Probably would use a awk print end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wratholix
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching question

Hi guys, I have the following expression : typeset EXBYTEC_CHK=`egrep ^"+${PNUM}" /bb/data/firmexbytes.dta` can anybody please explain to me what ^"+${PNUM}" stands for in egrep statement? Thanks -A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am writing a simple log parsing system and have a question on pattern matching. It is simply grep -v -f patterns.re /var/log/all.log Now, I have the following in my logs Apr 16 07:33:17 ad-font-dc1 EvntSLog: AD-FONT-DC1/NTDS ISAM (700) - "NTDS (384) NTDSA: Online defragmentation... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wpfontenot
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching question

Hi guys, I have a file in the following format: 4222 323K 323L D222 494 8134 A023 A024 49 812A 9871 9872 492 A961 A962 A963 491 0B77 0B78 0B79 495 0B7A 0B7B 0B7C 4949 WER9 444L 999O I need to grep the line... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi Guys, I am trying to setup a check for the string using an "if" statement. The valid entry is only the one which contain Numbers and Capital Alpha-Numeric characters, for example: BA6F, BA6E, BB21 etc... I am using the following "if" constract to check the input, but it fails allowing Small... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi Guys I am trying to check if the pattern "# sign followed by one or several tabs till the end of the line" exists in my file. I am using the following query: $ cat myfile | nawk '{if(/^#\t*$/) print "T"}' Unfortunately it does not return the desired output since I know for sure that the line... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern matching question

I inherited a script that contains the following sed command: sed -n -e '/^.*ABCD|/p' $fileName | sed -e 's/^.*ABCD|//' | sed -e 's/|ABCD$//' > ${fileName}.tmp What I'm wondering is whether ABCD has a special pattern matching value in sed, such as a character class similar or identical to . ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: topmhat
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi guys I have the following case statement in my script: case $pn.$db in *?.fcp?(db)) set f ${pn} cp ;; *?.oxa?(oxa) ) set oxa $pn ;; esac Can somebody help me to understand how to interpret *?.fcp?(db)) or *?.oxa?(oxa) ? I cannot figure out how in this case pattern maching... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Pattern Matching Question

Hi all, I have a pattern matching problem in which i'm not sure how to attack. Here is my problem: I have a list of strings that appear in the following format: String: LE_(1234 ABC)^2^ABC^DEFG What i need to do is replace all the characters after the first ^ with blank. So the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
2 Replies
mimms(1)						      General Commands Manual							  mimms(1)

NAME
mimms - mms (e.g. mms://) stream downloader SYNOPSIS
mimms [options] <url> [filename] DESCRIPTION
mimms is a program designed to allow you to download streams using the MMS protocol and save them to your computer, as opposed to watching them live. Similar functionality is available in full media player suites such as Xine, MPlayer, and VLC, but mimms is quick and easy to use and, for the time being, remains a useful program. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -c, --clobber automatically overwrite an existing file -r, --resume attempt to resume a partially downloaded stream -b BANDWIDTH, --bandwidth=BANDWIDTH the desired bandwidth for stream selection in BANDWIDTH bytes/s -t TIME, --time=TIME stop downloading after TIME minutes -v, --verbose print verbose debug messages to stderr -q, --quiet don't print progress messages to stdout URLS
mimms supports only URLs that are supported by libmms, e.g. mms://, mmsh://, mmst://. Previous versions tried to do fancy things with http:// URLs and .asx files, but this version does not (yet?) support that. AUTHOR
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> mms stream downloader 2008-04-06 mimms(1)