Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract only the data from ksh script running netezza query Post 302913594 by pilnet101 on Monday 18th of August 2014 05:13:39 PM
Old 08-18-2014
This is quite a basic problem, what have you actually tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing result of query to a varibale in ksh script

Hi, I have a scenario where in i have to extarct max of one column and pass it to a variable. i have tried to export the result as .dat file and read from that file.But my database is mainframe and it is not permitting me to export in .dat file.I have tried using .ixf file but reading from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Running KSH script In SFU

I tried to run my ksh scripts in SFU and it always says "not found" as in the example below: $ .file /bin/ksh: .file: not found Did I miss something in the SFU Installation? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error ORA-06512 while running query in script

1 #!/bin/ksh 2 ################################################################ 3 # Written by Johnson 12/03/2008 4 # Version 1.0 5 # This script executes some SQL to provide Spike Check Report to TNS team. 6 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivanete
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find whether update query is successfull or not using Ksh Script

i have a script that performes an update operation. I just wanted to know whether that update statement is successfull or not. Below the script: #!/bin/ksh . $HOME/conf/systemProperties/EnvSetup.properties sqlplus -silent sie/da@edn.world <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. AIX

Query on running script with nohup

Hi, I'm trying to run database restore script with the nohup command as it will run for long hours since if I run it normally, the putty session will become inactive and the restore gets terminated. The command I use is nohup db2 -tvf FBR_NODE0000.scr -z FBR_NODE0000.log & But the problem is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkcool.17
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running sed from a script query

Hello! I'm trying to run this code to print the body of an html document (all text in between <body> and </body>) from a script but am unsure how to call it from the command line interface. /<body>/,/<\/body>/ 1s/.*<body>// $s/<\/body>.*//p I have tried to call it using this: sed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgnersoon2be#1
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in running DB query by script

Hi I was trying to fetch data from database. But the number of rows exported were huge so i got the error. Experts please advice. Thanks a lot for your supprt. #: ./script.sh ./script.sh: xmalloc: subst.c:3076: cannot allocate 1401346369 bytes (0 bytes allocated) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netezza query in UNIX script without headers

Hi I'm trying run a netezza select query from a korn shell script, i'm getting the data in the below format, is there any way to get only the data in a vairable, Column_name -------------------- 2014:08:01 12:51:00 i just want the last line which is "2014:08:01 12:51:00" the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus_jack
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding a query on making changes to a running script

Hello All, Greetings !! I have a query here to all is as follows: Question: Let's say we are running a script in a UNIX box and we have opened an another session and then made changes in script of some statements NOT to be print some values(just an example) so when I am monitoring the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
5 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)