Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing parameter through file Post 302913564 by kaushik02018 on Monday 18th of August 2014 01:04:45 PM
Old 08-18-2014
awk works for me

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter from one file to shell script

Hi All, I have a 2 files. File1 i am generating using an ETL tool, which is a comman seperated delimited file which contains country code & load date. everytime, this country code will be updated from a table. It might be AB or BA & ld_date will be for which date we need to load the file. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing filename as parameter and displaying the file contents

Hi All, Its extremely urgent regarding the following requirement. I have created few files in a directory. I have write a program in shell scripting such that it prompts for the filename . once the filename is entered,it should print the contents of the file. Can anyone help with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhi2424
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file(passing the file as input parameter)

hi I have a shell script say primary.sh . There is a file called params my scenario is primary.sh should read all the values and echo it for example i should pass like $primary.sh params output would be Abc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split the file based on the 2nd column passing as a parameter

I am unable to spit the file based on the 2nd column passing as a parameter with awk command. Source file: “100”,”customer information”,”10000” “200”,”customer information”,”50000” “300”,”product information”,”40000” script: the command is not allowing to pass the parameters with the awk... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: number10
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AT command parameter passing to php file

I have a bash script which utilizes a random function and then runs a file at now plus a random time. The problem is, that the php file requires a parameter after it eg: phpfile.php?code=123245b3 When i put in the file including the full path, with the at command, it will run, but not with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thruxmore
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter in sed or awk commands to print for the specific line in a file

Hi, I am trying to print a specific line in a file through sed or awk. The line number will be passed as a parameter from the previous step. My code looks as below. TEMP3=`sed -n '$TEMP2p' $FILEPATH/Log.txt` $TEMP2, I am getting from the previous step which is a numerical value(eg:3). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyasrin82
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing file content as parameter

Hi All, I am passing a file value as parameter to awk command; Par.txt A|B Input.txt A,1 B,3 C,4 D,5 My desired output should be A,1 B,3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter more than 9

Hi, I've written a script where eleven parameter to be passed from command line which is inserting into an oracle table, it is working but the tenth and 11th parameter are not accepting as given it is referring to 1st parameter. HERE IS THE SCRIPT #!/bin/ksh #set -o echo $*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple file by passing parameter value

Hello All, I want to change date part in file name to yesterday date in the file name. example file name file-12122017-06-30-41.dat want file-12112017-06-30-41.dat I am doing like below. Below it is not changing the filename. Actually it is not parsing the $today and $yesterday value in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: looney
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)