Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Suggest books
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Suggest books Post 302913501 by nerdbee on Sunday 17th of August 2014 10:35:50 PM
Old 08-17-2014
Thank you

Thank you very much @theKbStockpiler and @Don Cragun, for taking time to go through my question and posting your suggestions. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Look into this and suggest if any changes needed

Hi, I am new script programming, I have written a script shown velow to read username and passwd from /etc/security/passwd, i am able to read username, but unable to grep lastupdate. please look into the code and suggest if any changes need. #!/bin/ksh USERNAME="" fname=/usr/bin/lastupdate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: me_haroon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you suggest a more efficient way for this?

Hi I have the following at the end of a service shutdown script used in part of an active-passive failover setup: ### # Shutdown all primary Network Interfaces # associated with failover ### # get interface names based on IP's # and shut them down to simulate loss of # heartbeatd ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

suggest book

Hi I am new to Unix/Linux I know commands and shell scripts which are useful for my project. But i need to know the basics and commands and shell scripts in detail and easy guide. Please refer a book. Thanks Haripatn (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: haripatn
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest some changes in my code

Hi All, I have made the following code which is taking 10-15 mins to execute completely. Here the file am using is very big( around 1050993843). Can any one make some changes in my code which reduces the time it takes to execute as am very much new to Unix(learner). One more thing, i have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhavsunduru
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can yum be used. If not please suggest.

Hi! I need to install a application from one server to several other servers. My script would copy the install-script to other machines and run it.Since it has to be non-interactive , just wondering if yum can be used for the same. Please let me know , if you guys are aware of other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

please suggest me a site

hi i need to get the values from an xml file like the <TAG> values and write to a file please suggest me the commands and some good reading material sites so that i can implement (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

suggest me books/courses

I am new to unix world. I just know some basic commands only and some basics knowledge about unix. Anyone please suggest me from where should I start. Suggest me some book that could help me from the beginning. Presently I am working in php in a company and I want to move in unix. Please suggest me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UNITRIX
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any body suggest me.........!!!!

i am jaswanth, i am very new to unix/linux, upto now i worked in windows only., but i took coatching for unix.., and my sir teached all my classes in red hat linux and told me that all are same...!!! I know shall programming in red hat linux.., but now i installed opensloaris but the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: strgraphics
5 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux

recommend books to understand ubuntu ...... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
14 Replies
KITSEND(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)