Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Suggest books
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Suggest books Post 302913501 by nerdbee on Sunday 17th of August 2014 10:35:50 PM
Old 08-17-2014
Thank you

Thank you very much @theKbStockpiler and @Don Cragun, for taking time to go through my question and posting your suggestions. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Look into this and suggest if any changes needed

Hi, I am new script programming, I have written a script shown velow to read username and passwd from /etc/security/passwd, i am able to read username, but unable to grep lastupdate. please look into the code and suggest if any changes need. #!/bin/ksh USERNAME="" fname=/usr/bin/lastupdate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: me_haroon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you suggest a more efficient way for this?

Hi I have the following at the end of a service shutdown script used in part of an active-passive failover setup: ### # Shutdown all primary Network Interfaces # associated with failover ### # get interface names based on IP's # and shut them down to simulate loss of # heartbeatd ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

suggest book

Hi I am new to Unix/Linux I know commands and shell scripts which are useful for my project. But i need to know the basics and commands and shell scripts in detail and easy guide. Please refer a book. Thanks Haripatn (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: haripatn
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest some changes in my code

Hi All, I have made the following code which is taking 10-15 mins to execute completely. Here the file am using is very big( around 1050993843). Can any one make some changes in my code which reduces the time it takes to execute as am very much new to Unix(learner). One more thing, i have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhavsunduru
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can yum be used. If not please suggest.

Hi! I need to install a application from one server to several other servers. My script would copy the install-script to other machines and run it.Since it has to be non-interactive , just wondering if yum can be used for the same. Please let me know , if you guys are aware of other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

please suggest me a site

hi i need to get the values from an xml file like the <TAG> values and write to a file please suggest me the commands and some good reading material sites so that i can implement (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

suggest me books/courses

I am new to unix world. I just know some basic commands only and some basics knowledge about unix. Anyone please suggest me from where should I start. Suggest me some book that could help me from the beginning. Presently I am working in php in a company and I want to move in unix. Please suggest me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UNITRIX
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any body suggest me.........!!!!

i am jaswanth, i am very new to unix/linux, upto now i worked in windows only., but i took coatching for unix.., and my sir teached all my classes in red hat linux and told me that all are same...!!! I know shall programming in red hat linux.., but now i installed opensloaris but the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: strgraphics
5 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux

recommend books to understand ubuntu ...... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
14 Replies
PDL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  PDL(3pm)

NAME
PDL - the Perl Data Language DESCRIPTION
(For the exported PDL constructor, pdl(), see PDL::Core) PDL is the Perl Data Language, a perl extension that is designed for scientific and bulk numeric data processing and display. It extends perl's syntax and includes fully vectorized, multidimensional array handling, plus several paths for device-independent graphics output. PDL is fast, comparable and often outperforming IDL and MATLAB in real world applications. PDL allows large N-dimensional data sets such as large images, spectra, etc to be stored efficiently and manipulated quickly. VECTORIZATION
For a description of the vectorization (also called "threading"), see PDL::Core. INTERACTIVE SHELL
The PDL package includes an interactive shell. You can learn about it, run "perldoc perldl", or run the shell "perldl" or "pdl2" and type "help". LOOKING FOR A FUNCTION
? If you want to search for a function name, you should use the PDL shell along with the "help" or "apropos" command (to do a fuzzy search). For example: pdl> apropos xval xlinvals X axis values between endpoints (see xvals). xlogvals X axis values logarithmicly spaced... xvals Fills a piddle with X index values... yvals Fills a piddle with Y index values. See the CAVEAT for xvals. zvals Fills a piddle with Z index values. See the CAVEAT for xvals. To learn more about the PDL shell, see perldl or pdl2. LANGUAGE DOCUMENTATION
Most PDL documentation describes the language features. The number of PDL pages is too great to list here. The following pages offer some guidance to help you find the documentation you need. PDL::FAQ Frequently asked questions about PDL. This page covers a lot of questions that do not fall neatly into any of the documentation categories. PDL::Tutorials A guide to PDL's tutorial-style documentation. With topics from beginner to advanced, these pages teach you various aspects of PDL step by step. PDL::Modules A guide to PDL's module reference. Modules are organized by level (foundation to advanced) and by category (graphics, numerical methods, etc) to help you find the module you need as quickly as possible. PDL::Course This page compiles PDL's tutorial and reference pages into a comprehensive course that takes you from a complete beginner level to expert. PDL::Index List of all available documentation, sorted alphabetically. If you cannot find what you are looking for, try here. MODULES
PDL includes about a dozen perl modules that form the core of the language, plus additional modules that add further functionality. The perl module "PDL" loads all of the core modules automatically, making their functions available in the current perl namespace. Some notes: SYNOPSIS See the SYNOPSIS section at the end of this document for a list of modules loaded by default. PDL::Lite and PDL::LiteF These are lighter-weight alternatives to the standard PDL module. Consider using these modules if startup time becomes an issue. Exports "use PDL;" exports a large number of routines into the calling namespace. If you want to avoid namespace pollution, you must instead "use PDL::Lite", and include any additional modules explicitly. PDL::NiceSlice Note that the PDL::NiceSlice syntax is NOT automatically loaded by "use PDL;". If you want to use the extended slicing syntax in a standalone script, you must also say "use PDL::NiceSlice;". PDL::Math The PDL::Math module has been added to the list of modules for versions later than 2.3.1. Note that PDL::Math is still not included in the PDL::Lite and PDL::LiteF start-up modules. SYNOPSIS
use PDL; # Is equivalent to the following: use PDL::Core; use PDL::Ops; use PDL::Primitive; use PDL::Ufunc; use PDL::Basic; use PDL::Slices; use PDL::Bad; use PDL::MatrixOps; use PDL::Math; use PDL::Version; use PDL::IO::Misc; use PDL::IO::FITS; use PDL::IO::Pic; use PDL::Lvalue; perl v5.14.2 2012-05-19 PDL(3pm)