Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Download pdf's using wget convert to txt Post 302913455 by cwchen123 on Sunday 17th of August 2014 07:48:57 AM
Old 08-17-2014
After installing PDFMiner, do batch conversion with a for loop. Nothing to do with pipe here.

Code:
$ for f in `ls *.pdf`; do pdf2txt.py $f > ${f%.pdf}.txt; done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using wget to download a file

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to use wget recursively to download a file. Only html files are being downloaded, instead of the target file. I'm trying this for the first time, here's what I've tried: wget -r -O jdk.bin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoughts
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

download a particular file using wget

Hi All I want to download srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux24_EM64T.tar.gz file from the following website : http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist/ But this website contains lots of zipped files I want to download the above file only discarding other zipped files. When I am trying the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

download file using wget

I need to download the following srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz file from the following website: http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist There are many gzip files along with the above one in the above site but I want to download the srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz only from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Convert html to pdf - PDF::FromHTML

Hi, I am trying to convert html to pdf using perl module PDF::FromHTML, am getting the error as given below. not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2, column 17, byte 56 at C:/Perl/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 187 at C:/Perl/site/lib/PDF/FromHTML.pm line 140 The perl code is as given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wget pdf downloading problem

Hi. I am trying to make a mirror of this free online journal: http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t716100758~db=all Under the individual issues, the link location for the "Full Text PDF" does not have ".pdf" as an extension -- so when I use wget it misses the file. However clicking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: obo1234
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files download using wget

Hi, I need to implement below logic to download files daily from a URL. * Need to check if it is yesterday's file (YYYY-DD-MM.dat) * If present then download from URL (sample_url/2013-01-28.dat) * Need to implement wait logic if not present * if it still not able to find the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cancel wget download after 1%?

I am running a video download test and automating that. I wanna know how to stop a wget download session when downloads reached 1% Thanks in advance, Tamil (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamil.pamaran
11 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to convert TXT to PDF in RHEL 6?

Hello friends, I need to convert ASCII text to PDF on RHEL 6 so I did the below and could generate PDF but it has lot of junk/special characters. yum install enscript ghostscript enscript -p output.ps input.txt ps2pdf output.ps output.pdf So I download latest source of Ghostscript... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to convert pdf file to txt?

Hello Unix gurus, I am learning unix. I have lots pdf data files. I need to convert them into txt files. Can you please guide me how to do that? Thanks in advance. Rao (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
1 Replies
PS2PDF(1)							    Ghostscript 							 PS2PDF(1)

NAME
ps2pdf - Convert PostScript to PDF using ghostscript ps2pdf12 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.2 (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf13 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible) using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ps2pdf [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf12 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf13 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] DESCRIPTION
The ps2pdf scripts are work-alikes for nearly all the functionality (but not the user interface) of Adobe's Acrobat(TM) Distiller(TM) prod- uct: they convert PostScript files to Portable Document Format (PDF) files. If the output filename is not specified, the output is placed is a file of the same name with a '.pdf' extension. Either the input filename or the output filename can be '-' to request reading from stdin or writing to stdout, respectively, when used as a filter. The three scripts differ as follows: - ps2pdf12 will always produce PDF 1.2 output (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf13 will always produce PDF 1.3 output (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf per se currently produces PDF 1.4 output. However, this may change in the future. If you care about the compatibility level of the output, use ps2pdf12 or ps2pdf13, or use the -dCompatibility=1.x switch in the command line. There are some limitations in ps2pdf's conversion. See the HTML documentation for more information. A large number of Adobe Distiller(TM) parameters which can be used to control the conversion are also documented there, including instructions for generating PDF/X and PDF/A documents. OPTIONS
The ps2pdf scripts use the same options as gs(1). EXAMPLES
Converting a figure.ps to figure.pdf: ps2pdf figure.ps A conversion with more specifics: ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress figure.ps proof.pdf Converting as part of a pipe: make_report.pl -t ps | ps2pdf -dCompatibility=1.3 - - | lpr SEE ALSO
gs(1), ps2pdfwr(1), Ps2pdf.htm in the Ghostscript documentation BUGS
See http://bugs.ghostscript.com/ and the Usenet news group comp.lang.postscript. VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.70. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 8.70 31 July 2009 PS2PDF(1)