Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strange type mistake?!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Strange type mistake?! Post 302913343 by xraystorm on Friday 15th of August 2014 11:38:17 AM
Old 08-15-2014
Hi,
the // comments are only for you, I don't use them in my script.
I use IFS="'" for the strings in my array.
Code:
echo $configuration

the output is:
Code:
-N 0 -m 0

But my program doesn't work with this call:
Code:
./MY_PROGRAM $configuration

But if I use another variable, let's say this one:
Code:
TEST="-N0 -m 0"

and I call my program:

Code:
./MY_PROGRAM $TEST

then it works! Why?!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Mistake!!!

Hi. I hope someone can help me with this problem. Being a novice to Unix, I editted my crontab directly by typing " crontab -e ". Well, I needed to make some changes so, I typed " crontab -r ". Now I have no crontab, and I can't seem to get crontab to write a new file. I' ve tried: vi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

3. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

4. AIX

Did a Mistake with HACMP

Hi, I needed space on a FS, and when I've added the space on the filesystem, I did it trough the regular smitty fs inteface and not with smitty cl_lvm. Can someone help me to repair the situat before a faileover happen ? Thanks for your help,:mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: azzed27
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any mistake in this code:

cat $1 | sort -n | uniq | $1 in other words, I sort the content of the file and put the ouput in the same file, is there any mistakes in this cshell code ??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Takeeshe
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Probably some stupid mistake...

Hi everyone ! I have a file wich look like this : >Sis01 > Sis02 ... >Sis44 I want to separe each paragraphe in a different file, so I decide to use the "FOR" loop + sed. for f in {01..44} do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluvah
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone help me to spot my mistake?

Hi there can anyone help me to spot my mistake and please explain why it appears My code : #!/usr/bin/gawk -f BEGIN { bytes =0} { temp=$(grep "datafeed\.php" | cut -d" " -f8) bytes += temp} END { printf "Number of bytes: %d\n", bytes } when I am running ./q411 an411 an411: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
6 Replies

8. Programming

Strange value of the double type variable: -nan(0x8000000000000)

I am confused by the value of "currdisk->currangle" after adding operation. Initially the value of "currdisk->currangle" is 0.77500000000000013, but after adding operation, it's changed to "-nan(0x8000000000000)", Can anyone explain ? Thanks! The following is the occasion of gdb debugging. 3338 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)