Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Upgrading Ubuntu Server (10.04) using do-release-upgrade Post 302913305 by rbatte1 on Friday 15th of August 2014 07:15:33 AM
Old 08-15-2014
Would you care to share the commands and errors? It's a bit difficult to form an opinion without them.

Robin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

upgrading from ubuntu 710 gusty to the new release from synaptic ?

i notice when i was in the synaptic manage the other day that the new release KDE 4 was there can i upgrade from synaptic or do i need to download the files from a different source? currently running kubuntu 7.10 gusty and haven't seened any kind of updates come through that gave me the option to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Ubuntu upgrade

ive been using Ubuntu 7.10 for about 3 weeks now and i love it more than any other linux operating system. ive been watching the countdown to the upgrade of ubuntu 8.04. has any one tried out the 8.04 beta at all. if so, did u think it is worth upgrading my box to 8.04 or should i keep it at... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
13 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Problems after upgrade to ubuntu 11.04

We had Ubuntu Server 10.10, after upgrade to Ubuntu Server 11.04 some applications doesn't works by example "Printing" on "Sysmte- Administration" and User Administration GUI, how can I fix it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmejias
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

terminator shell not working after upgrading ubuntu linux

Terminator is a program that allows users to set up flexible arrangements of GNOME terminals. It has stopped working for me after upgrading to ubuntu 11.10. it does not give prompt to type anything. Just stuck with /bin/bash in the title. I removed and installed again, same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Upgrade a package on Ubuntu

Hi, I want to upgrade a package to a specified version on Ubuntu, can you please shed some light? I know we can do it with but jere i want to upgrade the package to a specified version. Can someone please assist? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash358
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 16.04 - upgrade to ZFS 0.7?

What is the recommended way to upgrade ZFS on Ubuntu 16.04? i have read this thread, but the PPA is not safe? Ubuntu 16.04, ZFS 0.7.3 anyone got it running? : zfs (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
7 Replies
ubuntu-dev-tools(5)						File Formats Manual					       ubuntu-dev-tools(5)

NAME
ubuntu-dev-tools - Configuration for the ubuntu-dev-tools package. DESCRIPTION
The ubuntu-dev-tools package is similar in scope to the devscripts(1) package, providing a collection of scripts which may be of use to Ubuntu and Debian developers or others wishing to build Debian packages. Some of these scripts have options which may be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. These options are configured in devscripts.conf(5). All variables are described in the script's manpages. Package-wide variables begin with "UBUNTUTOOLS" and are listed below. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using the --no-conf command-line option. ENVIRONMENT
All ubuntu-dev-tools configuration variables can be set (and overridden) by setting them in the environment (unlike devscripts). In addition, several scripts use the following environment variables: UBUMAIL Overrides DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME when the target is clearly Ubuntu. Can either contain an e-mail address or Full Name <email@example.org>. DEBEMAIL, DEBFULLNAME As in devscripts(1). PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: UBUNTUTOOLS_BUILDER This specifies the preferred test-builder, one of pbuilder (default), sbuild, pbuilder-dist. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The preferred Debian archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The preferred Debian security archive mirror. Should be of the form http://security.debian.org (no trailing slash). If not speci- fied, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_PORTS_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ports.ubuntu.com (no trailing slash). If not specified, the mas- ter will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The launchpad instance to communicate with. e.g. production (default) or staging. UBUNTUTOOLS_MIRROR_FALLBACK Whether or not to fall-back to the master archive mirror. This is usually the desired behaviour, as mirrors can lag the masters. If on a private network with only a local mirror, you may want to set this to no. One of yes (default) or no. UBUNTUTOOLS_UPDATE_BUILDER Whether or not to update the test-builder before each test build. One of yes or no (default). UBUNTUTOOLS_WORKDIR The directory to use for preparing source packages etc. When unset, defaults to a directory in /tmp/ named after the script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1), devscripts.conf(5) AUTHORS
This manpage was written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. ubuntu-dev-tools December 19 2010 ubuntu-dev-tools(5)