Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Upgrading Ubuntu Server (10.04) using do-release-upgrade Post 302913304 by Cludgie on Friday 15th of August 2014 07:14:05 AM
Old 08-15-2014
Hi,

I haven't done it yet. I figured I'd find reviews or see what others experiences have been before I decide either way.

The errors I'm getting are IO errors, which I haven't seen before and they are encountered when processing large text files.

Thanks
Cludgie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

upgrading from ubuntu 710 gusty to the new release from synaptic ?

i notice when i was in the synaptic manage the other day that the new release KDE 4 was there can i upgrade from synaptic or do i need to download the files from a different source? currently running kubuntu 7.10 gusty and haven't seened any kind of updates come through that gave me the option to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Ubuntu upgrade

ive been using Ubuntu 7.10 for about 3 weeks now and i love it more than any other linux operating system. ive been watching the countdown to the upgrade of ubuntu 8.04. has any one tried out the 8.04 beta at all. if so, did u think it is worth upgrading my box to 8.04 or should i keep it at... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
13 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Problems after upgrade to ubuntu 11.04

We had Ubuntu Server 10.10, after upgrade to Ubuntu Server 11.04 some applications doesn't works by example "Printing" on "Sysmte- Administration" and User Administration GUI, how can I fix it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmejias
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

terminator shell not working after upgrading ubuntu linux

Terminator is a program that allows users to set up flexible arrangements of GNOME terminals. It has stopped working for me after upgrading to ubuntu 11.10. it does not give prompt to type anything. Just stuck with /bin/bash in the title. I removed and installed again, same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Upgrade a package on Ubuntu

Hi, I want to upgrade a package to a specified version on Ubuntu, can you please shed some light? I know we can do it with but jere i want to upgrade the package to a specified version. Can someone please assist? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash358
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 16.04 - upgrade to ZFS 0.7?

What is the recommended way to upgrade ZFS on Ubuntu 16.04? i have read this thread, but the PPA is not safe? Ubuntu 16.04, ZFS 0.7.3 anyone got it running? : zfs (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
7 Replies
creat64(2)							System Calls Manual							creat64(2)

NAME
creat64(), fstat64(), fstatvfs64(), getrlimit64(), lockf64(), lseek64(), lstat64(), mmap64(), open64(), pread64(), prealloc64(), pwrite64(), setrlimit64(), stat64(), statvfs64(), truncate64(), ftruncate64(), O_LARGEFILE - non-POSIX standard API interfaces to support large files SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
New API's to support large files in 32-bit applications. These API interfaces are not a part of the POSIX standard and may be removed in the future. The function returns a file descriptor which can be used to grow the file past 2 GB if desired. All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical to The function is identical to except that returns file status in a instead of a All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is indentical to except that returns file status in a struct instead of a struct The function is identical to except that passes a as its second parameter instead of a All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that accepts an for the size parameter instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that accepts an type as the desired offset and has a return value of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that returns file status in a instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that accepts the file offset as an The function opens files of any size. It returns a file descriptor which can be used to grow the file past 2 GB if desired. All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical to The function is identical to except that accepts the file offset as an All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical to The function is identical to except that accepts the file offset as an All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical to The function is identical to except that accepts the file offset as an All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical to The function is identical to except that passes a as its second parameter instead of a All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that returns file status in a instead of a Refer to The function is identical to except that accepts the length parameter as an instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical to The function is identical to except that accepts the length parameter as an instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical to Setting in a call to or is equivalent to calling or both of which set in the file status flags. This bit is automatically set by and if is set to 64. The bit may be queried by (or which can also turn the bit on or off if desired. APPLICATION USAGE
The standard POSIX interfaces may be used by 32-bit applications to create and access large files if compiled with set to 64. The interfaces described here are alternatives to the standard ones, and are enabled by defining For 64-bit applications, access to large files is automatic, as long as the underlying file system is enabled for large files. The inter- faces on this man page are available to 64-bit applications, for convenience in porting, but provide no additional capabilities. The exception is which is not visible to 64-bit applications. SEE ALSO
creat(2), thread_safety(5). creat64(2)