Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function works, trigger causes syntax error, whats my fault?? Post 302913300 by 1in10 on Friday 15th of August 2014 06:33:28 AM
Old 08-15-2014
Best solution was "<" for directing the input and making obsolete by this the cut-statement. Before doing so the interpreter was mourning about a missing definition of the /home-folder. BTW thanks to Don Cragun as well, for the hint with "bash -xv name-of-the-script.sh", that is reeeeaallllyy good. It told me the steps after the correction.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with my function?? <newbie>

First of all im using Bash, on a Debian-based machine. I tried to write a function that if the ls program found listed more than 25 lines I would automaticly use "ls | less". Its on another computer but if I recall it looked something like this... Note: some code may look strange because im on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with the syntax

Whats wrong with below logic or syntax???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Whats the syntax for 'cut' in following?

Guys I am trying to get all physical plus logical interfaces on a host to pass them to a 'for' loop. 'ifconfig -a' gives me all interfaces like following...i need to cut last ':' from this list.What 'cut' syntax i need to use? bash-2.05$ ifconfig -a|awk '{print $1}'|sort|uniq|egrep -v... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
13 Replies

4. Programming

segmentation fault while returning from function.

I am working on the application in which I have to fetch values from the database and paste in url and send it to portal. table=get_result("SELECT serialno,cas,Mode,FLC,TLC,location,CompName,CompCode,FG,FC,DispNo,TruckNo,LWbill,RRGPN,INVNO,DCN,RQTY,DQTY,SQTY,DDATE,RDATE,SDATE,TTIME FROM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er.rohan88
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong in the Function ?

Need your assistance, to find the bug in the function. Function usage erroring out even after passing parameters. usage() { if || ; then echo "************************************************************" echo " CHECK USAGE FOR CORRECT PARAMETERS ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
26 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats the function of brackets here ?

Hello, as the title reads, in a control flow like "if" what's the function of brackets ? if condition then ... if ] then ... Since I saw people using them I wonder whether they are just inserts for code clearness or for the reliability ? thanks for your help Regards (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oddant
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error piping to bc on command line - works when assigned to var

I have a script which outputs some timing data a line at a time. There are approx. 10 lines echoed, each line looks something like this: 0.741 http://checkip.dyndns.org 94.170.119.226Since I needed to add all the values in the first column, I piped the output to grep, matching and printing the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error while using CMP function

Hi All, I am getting a syntax error message while trying to compare 2 files using the compare function (LINUX) command substitution: line 79: syntax error near unexpected token `(' command substitution: line 79: `cmp -s <(tr , \n < $COMMON_TMP/nt_per_gs.done | sort) <(tr , \n <... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python - Function print vs return - whats wrong

All, I have a basic buzz program written in python with return function. If i change return with print,it works fine but i want to know whats wrong with return statement.Can anyone help me whats wrong with this #!/usr/bin/python def div4and6(s,e): for i in range(s,e+1): if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oky
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function using variable in it syntax error

The below bash function uses multiple variables CODING, SAMPLE, SURVEY, andvariant in it. The user selects the cap function and details are displayed on the screen using the $SURVEY variable, the directory is changed to $SAMPLE and the samples.txt is opened so the user can select the sample to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
CPPRFS(l)								 )								 CPPRFS(l)

NAME
CPPRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE CPPRFS( UPLO, N, NRHS, AP, AFP, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, RWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS REAL BERR( * ), FERR( * ), RWORK( * ) COMPLEX AFP( * ), AP( * ), B( LDB, * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
CPPRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'U': Upper triangle of A is stored; = 'L': Lower triangle of A is stored. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. AP (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The upper or lower triangle of the Hermitian matrix A, packed columnwise in a linear array. The j-th column of A is stored in the array AP as follows: if UPLO = 'U', AP(i + (j-1)*j/2) = A(i,j) for 1<=i<=j; if UPLO = 'L', AP(i + (j-1)*(2n-j)/2) = A(i,j) for j<=i<=n. AFP (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The triangular factor U or L from the Cholesky factorization A = U**H*U or A = L*L**H, as computed by SPPTRF/CPPTRF, packed column- wise in a linear array in the same format as A (see AP). B (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by CPPTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The estimated forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). The estimate is as reliable as the estimate for RCOND, and is almost always a slight overestimate of the true error. BERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) COMPLEX array, dimension (2*N) RWORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 CPPRFS(l)