Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Increase filesystem size AIX 5.3 Post 302913292 by rbatte1 on Friday 15th of August 2014 05:31:51 AM
Old 08-15-2014
Remember also:-
  • You may want to place your LV on a specific hdisk(s) of your volume group. chfs (and chlv for that matter) don't respect that option, however it will make an intelligent guess. If you need to move partitions later on, it is possible with mirrors (using a map file) and/or the migratepv command.
  • If you have mirrors, the space required in the volume group will be double or triple the increase you specify. Additionally, the PPs must not reside on the same hdisk (even if they are hardware protected by RAID, SAN delivered, VIO mirrors etc.)

Regards,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reason for continuously increase filesystem size?

Hi my file system size /hd4 is keep on increasing continuously , i tried all the performance related command to identify which process is currently running........ for every minute my FS(/hd4) size is increasing ?what could be the problem? how to diagnose it ? is there any specific command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixteam
3 Replies

2. Solaris

What is the command to increase filesystem on solaris

I wanted to know what is the process or command to increase a filesystem on solaris. For example the /tmp directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: strikelit
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase the filesystem size under veritas control

Hi all, aloe:root-> df �k Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 8254263 2064133 6107588 26% / /proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
2 Replies

4. Solaris

increase/decrease filesystem

Hi All, I need to increase the filesystem of / and /var (two different slices)? Space will be coming from /home slice so I need to decrease it. Is that possible without reinstallation or in a single-user-mode? Any idea or link please. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase the filesystem size?

Hi.. I want to increase the file system size of any filesystem online, without using the Volume manager like LVMs, is it possible? & if yes then how? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to increase the filesystem size in HACMP

How to increase the filesystem size in HACMP. what is the difference between normal chfs command and increase the filesystem size in HACMP. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
4 Replies

7. AIX

Increase LUN size in AIX with VIOS and HACMP

Hello! I have this infraestructure: - 1 POWER7 with single VIOS on Site A. - 1 POWER6 with single VIOS on Site B. - 1 LPAR called NodeA as primary node for PowerHA 6.1 on Site A. - 1 LPAR called NodeB as secondary (cold) node for PowerHA 6.1 on SiteB. - 1 Storage DS4700 on Site A. - 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Increase the filesystem size

Hi I am using oracle linux 6.4. My hard drive capacity is 500 GB. my filesystem size onbly 50GB. I would like to extend my filesystem size to around 100GB. I tried many codes but still I am not able. this is the output of df -h : Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farshad
6 Replies

10. AIX

Increase filesystem and or logical volume

Hi all, Do i need to increase the logical volume each time i increase the filesystem? or is enough to increase the filesystem and the logical volume get increase automatically? extendlv hd4 1 chfs -a size=2G /tmp or just chfs -a size=2G /tmp Code tags! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies
LVCONVERT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LVCONVERT(8)

NAME
lvconvert - convert a logical volume from linear to mirror or snapshot SYNOPSIS
lvconvert -m|--mirrors Mirrors [--mirrorlog {disk|core}] [--corelog] [-R|--regionsize MirrorLogRegionSize] [-A|--alloc AllocationPolicy] [-b|--background] [-i|--interval Seconds] [-h|-?|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--version] LogicalVolume[Path] [PhysicalVolume[Path]...] lvconvert -s|--snapshot [-c|--chunksize ChunkSize] [-h|-?|--help] [-v|--verbose] [-Z|--zero y|n] [--version] OriginalLogicalVolume[Path] SnapshotLogicalVolume[Path] DESCRIPTION
lvconvert will change a linear logical volume to a mirror logical volume or to a snapshot of linear volume and vice versa. It is also used to add and remove disk logs from mirror devices. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. Exactly one of --mirrors or --snapshot arguments required. -m, --mirrors Mirrors Specifies the degree of the mirror you wish to create. For example, "-m 1" would convert the original logical volume to a mirror volume with 2-sides; that is, a linear volume plus one copy. --mirrorlog {disk|core} Specifies the type of log to use. The default is disk, which is persistent and requires a small amount of storage space, usually on a separate device from the data being mirrored. Core may be useful for short-lived mirrors: It means the mirror is regenerated by copying the data from the first device again every time the device is activated - perhaps, for example, after every reboot. --corelog The optional argument "--corelog" is the same as specifying "--mirrorlog core". -R, --regionsize MirrorLogRegionSize A mirror is divided into regions of this size (in MB), and the mirror log uses this granularity to track which regions are in sync. -b, --background Run the daemon in the background. -i, --interval Seconds Report progress as a percentage at regular intervals. -s, --snapshot Create a snapshot from existing logical volume using another existing logical volume as its origin. -c, --chunksize ChunkSize Power of 2 chunk size for the snapshot logical volume between 4k and 512k. -Z, --zero y|n Controls zeroing of the first KB of data in the snapshot. If the volume is read-only the snapshot will not be zeroed. Examples "lvconvert -m1 vg00/lvol1" converts the linear logical volume "vg00/lvol1" to a two-way mirror logical volume. "lvconvert --mirrorlog core vg00/lvol1" converts a mirror with a disk log to a mirror with an in-memory log. "lvconvert --mirrorlog disk vg00/lvol1" converts a mirror with an in-memory log to a mirror with a disk log. "lvconvert -m0 vg00/lvol1" converts a mirror logical volume to a linear logical volume. "lvconvert -s vg00/lvol1 vg00/lvol2" converts logical volume "vg00/lvol2" to snapshot of original volume "vg00/lvol1" SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8), lvremove(8), lvrename(8), lvextend(8), lvreduce(8), lvdisplay(8), lvscan(8) Red Hat, Inc LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) LVCONVERT(8)