Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect script that simulates a SSH brute force attack Post 302913212 by in2nix4life on Thursday 14th of August 2014 01:26:47 PM
Old 08-14-2014
The following will read a file line-by-line. Replace "users.txt" with the name and path to your file.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/expect -f
#

set fh [ open "users.txt" r]

set fileData [read $fh]

close $fh

set data [split $fileData "\n"]
foreach line $data {
    puts $line
}

This User Gave Thanks to in2nix4life For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache brute force attack

Hi, I'm trying find out if there is a way to stop a brute force attack on a Webmail site. I'm trying to setup a webmail access, but I would like to prevent too many invalid logins from the same IP. I've looked into Snort, but I was wondering if there was an application level firewall that can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Brute force SMTP attack right now *help*

Im currently experiancing a brute force attack on my server Nov 26 15:27:04 ws096 saslauthd: do_auth : auth failure: Nov 26 15:27:13 ws096 saslauthd: do_auth : auth failure: Nov 26 15:27:22 ws096 saslauthd: do_auth : auth failure: Nov 26 15:27:29 ws096... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script to ssh into MMI

Guys, I know this is tricky.. I'm trying to write a script to pull info from a MMI device. Following script logins into the server and then changes to super user. Opens MMI session and then exits out. I need to run the command under the MMI session "dsp_alarm_span all" Is there any other way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonrods
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Expect Script

Ok, i don't know if anyone else here have had to deal with something like this before, but here's my situation. I have about 1000+ servers I need to log into to do something. What i need to do is to log into each server, go to a certain directory on each of the servers, copy the files that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script to Automate SSH

How would I write an expect script to automate ssh and what file extention do expect files use? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using SSH with expect command

Hi all, I want to connect to some host with "ssh". I have googled and got some commands of "expect" and "spawn". I was not aware of these commands and tried below script. $ cat auto.sh set host xx.xx.xx.xx set password abcd@1234 set user root spawn ssh $user@$host expect "*?assword:*"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Password to SSH without using expect in a Script

How can I pass password in SSH command without using expect in a shell program. I don't have expect installed on my Solaris server. #!/bin/bash ssh user@hotname (how to supply pass in script?:wall:) Experts please help its very urgent. Shrawan Kumar Sahu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss135r
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

DDoS and brute force attack

How to protect DDoS and brute force attack. I want to secure my server and block attacker. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: romanepo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP or scp with password in a batch script without using SSH keys and expect script

Dear All, I have a requirement where I have to SFTP or SCP a file in a batch script. Unfortunately, the destination server setup is such that it doesn't allow for shell command line login. So, I am not able to set up SSH keys. My source server is having issues with Expect. So, unable to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
5 Replies
Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt - passphrases using the Blowfish-based Unix crypt() SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt; $ppr = Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt->new( cost => 8, salt => "sodium__chloride", hash_base64 => "BPZijhMHLvPeNMHd6XwZyNamOXVBTPi"); $ppr = Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt->new( cost => 8, salt_random => 1, passphrase => "passphrase"); $ppr = Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt->from_crypt( '$2a$08$a07iYVTrVz7hYEvtakjiXOB'. 'PZijhMHLvPeNMHd6XwZyNamOXVBTPi'); $ppr = Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt->from_rfc2307( '{CRYPT}$2a$08$a07iYVTrVz7hYEvtakjiXOB'. 'PZijhMHLvPeNMHd6XwZyNamOXVBTPi'); $key_nul = $ppr->key_nul; $cost = $ppr->cost; $cost = $ppr->keying_nrounds_log2; $salt = $ppr->salt; $salt_base64 = $ppr->salt_base64; $hash = $ppr->hash; $hash_base64 = $ppr->hash_base64; if($ppr->match($passphrase)) { ... $passwd = $ppr->as_crypt; $userPassword = $ppr->as_rfc2307; DESCRIPTION
An object of this class encapsulates a passphrase hashed using the Blowfish-based Unix crypt() hash function, known as "bcrypt". This is a subclass of Authen::Passphrase, and this document assumes that the reader is familiar with the documentation for that class. The crypt() function in a modern Unix actually supports several different passphrase schemes. This class is concerned only with one particular scheme, a Blowfish-based algorithm designed by Niels Provos and David Mazieres for OpenBSD. To handle the whole range of passphrase schemes supported by the modern crypt(), see the from_crypt constructor and the as_crypt method in Authen::Passphrase. The Blowfish-based crypt() scheme uses a variant of Blowfish called "Eksblowfish", for "expensive key schedule Blowfish". It has the cryptographic strength of Blowfish, and a very slow key setup phase to resist brute-force attacks. There is a "cost" parameter to the scheme: the length of key setup is proportional to 2^cost. There is a 128-bit salt. Up to 72 characters of the passphrase will be used; any more will be ignored. The cost, salt, and passphrase are all used to (very slowly) key Eksblowfish. Once key setup is done, the string "OrpheanBeholderScryDoubt" (three Blowfish blocks long) is encrypted 64 times in ECB mode. The final byte of the ciphertext is then dropped, yielding a 23-byte hash. In the crypt() function the salt and hash are represented in ASCII using a base 64 encoding. The base 64 digits are ".", "/", "A" to "Z", "a" to "z", "0" to "9" (in that order). The 16-byte salt is represented as 22 base 64 digits, and the 23-byte hash as 31 base 64 digits. This algorithm is intended for situations where the efficiency of a brute force attack is a concern. It is suitable for use in new applications where this requirement exists. If that is not a concern, and it suffices to merely make brute force the most efficient attack, see Authen::Passphrase::SaltedDigest for more efficient hash algorithms. Choice of the cost parameter is critical, due to the need to trade off expense of brute-force attack against speed of legitimate passphrase verification. A traditional target is that verification should take about one second on widely-available hardware. (Algorithms that are concerned about brute force speed but lack a cost parameter have often aimed for this, with respect to hardware available at the time of the algorithm's introduction.) As of 2011, this is achieved with a cost parameter around 14. CONSTRUCTORS
Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt->new(ATTR => VALUE, ...) Generates a new passphrase recogniser object using the Blowfish-based crypt() algorithm. The following attributes may be given: key_nul Truth value indicating whether to append a NUL to the passphrase before using it as a key. The algorithm as originally devised does not do this, but it was later modified to do it. The version that does append NUL is to be preferred. Default true. cost Base-two logarithm of the number of keying rounds to perform. keying_nrounds_log2 Synonym for cost. salt The salt, as a 16-byte string. salt_base64 The salt, as a string of 22 base 64 digits. salt_random Causes salt to be generated randomly. The value given for this attribute is ignored. The source of randomness may be controlled by the facility described in Data::Entropy. hash The hash, as a 23-byte string. hash_base64 The hash, as a string of 31 base 64 digits. passphrase A passphrase that will be accepted. The cost and salt must be given, and either the hash or the passphrase. Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt->from_crypt(PASSWD) Generates a new passphrase recogniser object using the Blowfish-based crypt() algorithm, from a crypt string. The crypt string must start with "$2$" for the version that does not append NUL to the key, or "$2a$" for the version that does. The next two characters must be decimal digits giving the cost parameter. This must be followed by "$", 22 base 64 digits giving the salt, and finally 31 base 64 digits giving the hash. Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt->from_rfc2307(USERPASSWORD) Generates a new passphrase recogniser object using the Blowfish-based crypt() algorithm, from an RFC 2307 string. The string must consist of "{CRYPT}" (case insensitive) followed by an acceptable crypt string. METHODS
$ppr->key_nul Returns a truth value indicating whether a NUL will be appended to the passphrase before using it as a key. $ppr->cost Returns the base-two logarithm of the number of keying rounds that will be performed. $ppr->keying_nrounds_log2 Synonym for "cost". $ppr->salt Returns the salt, as a string of sixteen bytes. $ppr->salt_base64 Returns the salt, as a string of 22 base 64 digits. $ppr->hash Returns the hash value, as a string of 23 bytes. $ppr->hash_base64 Returns the hash value, as a string of 31 base 64 digits. $ppr->match(PASSPHRASE) $ppr->as_crypt $ppr->as_rfc2307 These methods are part of the standard Authen::Passphrase interface. SEE ALSO
Authen::Passphrase, Crypt::Eksblowfish::Bcrypt AUTHOR
Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012 Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-07 Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt(3pm)